Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Finkdaddy's Custom Ukes (cross post from the carving forum)

Pages: 1 6 replies

Aloha everyone!
I'm just showin' off my latest creation, my first hand-crafted ukulele.
It's a tenor scale uke with a black walnut body, mahogany neck, and babinga fretboard and bridge.
The inlay is pua shell and herringbone patterned wood.
It is fitted with an interior transducer pickup and Gibson tuning pegs.

I finally fitted it with strings today (Worth browns) and got it tuned up.
The string action is amazing. It has a very light touch and plays like butter.
I may switch the strings to a thicker set to bring out some of the low end, but overall I'm very happy with it.

The next one I will make out of Hawaiian Koa and I may try some inlay in the fret board too.

If anyone is interested in purchacing a custom uke from me, just let me know. I'm in the process of equiping my shop to be able to make instruments too.
Thanks for looking! :fez:

Visit the The Leeward Lounge

[ Edited by: finkdaddy 2011-04-12 15:06 ]

Beauty! Thanks for sharing.

aloha!
TikiBoys

TM

Great Job! That is a boutique quality instrument!

Truly a sumptuous little thing. Having spent a few months deciding on my first ukulele, however, I'd have to say it's important to hear the instrument played -- any chance of a audio clip download, at some point?

Thanks again everyone!

@ Carmine: I am working on a recording this weekend, so I should have something to play for everyone very soon.:)

I thought I would have more time for recording this weekend, but somehow all my alone time got eaten up with house projects.
So I put together a few quick videos so you could see the uke in action. Unfortunately, all I had to record with was my little HP point-and-shoot camera, so the sound is quite a bit thinner than it really is. But you should get the idea.
Also, if anyone is interested in the uke in the video, just shoot me a pm and we'll chat.
Thanks again for all of your support!

Untitled

Beggar's Farm

Keep Your Eyes on the Hands

P

Can't wait to wrap my paws around one of these bad boys.

Pages: 1 6 replies