Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

The Tiki page on Facebook?

Pages: 1 27 replies

Facebook's Tiki page consists of a mere 4 paragraphs and 1 photo.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tiki/107889835899240?sk=wall

Can anyone contact the owner with a request to improve the page, or give it up?

T

Not sure how to contact the owner of the page (without "liking" it first)- how about one of us starting a new FB Tiki page? That would be nice to have.

It looks like it's one of the "community" pages that Facebook created. If you had a page that didn't fit their definition of what a page should be (according to FB) they converted it to a new type of page which is really nothing but a Wiki definition and no way to add to it.

There is also a Tiki Central page on facebook. Not much information on it either but if you want to know about Tiki Central then you should go to Tiki Central and you are already there. (did you follow that?)

As I said before: In my opinion, sites like Facebook are already syphoning enough of people's attention and posts AWAY from Tiki Central. Everyone is even more into their own little world now. I have had many invitations to join other internet Tiki groups, and I never did: Tiki Central is enough, why dilute the focus? I don't have a blog, and no website to speak of, this is were I dropped my anchor.

On 2011-04-18 17:20, bigbrotiki wrote:
As I said before: In my opinion, sites like Facebook are already syphoning enough of people's attention and posts AWAY from Tiki Central. Everyone is even more into their own little world now. I have had many invitations to join other internet Tiki groups, and I never did: Tiki Central is enough, why dilute the focus?

I think the name says it all, Tiki Central, in other words, the Center of the Tiki Universe. Why go anywhere else for more than just a visit?

On 2011-04-18 17:20, bigbrotiki wrote:
I don't have a blog, and no website to speak of, this is were I dropped my anchor.

BigBro,

It seems to me that you've done more than just drop your anchor in this safe harbor. Rather more like you've stripped your vessel of everything you'd need and burned it to the waterline (at least for now). I, for one, appreciate it.

Bear :tiki:

[ Edited by: Brudda Bear 2011-04-18 19:01 ]

On 2011-04-17 23:37, King Bushwich the 33rd wrote:
There is also a Tiki Central page on facebook. Not much information on it either but if you want to know about Tiki Central then you should go to Tiki Central and you are already there. (did you follow that?)

Not even a link to TikiCentral.

On 2011-04-18 18:52, Brudda Bear wrote:
....I, for one, appreciate it.

Well thank you, B.B., I appreciate that. :)

Chris, you are right, ALL internet roads should lead to Tiki Central, the Wikipedia entry needs a TC link too.
Individual posts seem to have TC links, but I still think it detours traffic from here. Facebook is just so "convenient".
Then again, it might lead novices to TC

Progress has been made, as now there is a FB TikiCentral page, with an appropriate reference to this board.

However, the FB Tiki page now refers to a hamburger stand in England.

How odd: The Tiki Facebook page now references a Jamaican fashion line.

There are a few tiki groups, pages and others on Facebook.

The facebook group that is just called TIKI is this

Tiki Tatoo, Italy

The Tiki Central page is still there but not much content.

Facebook: TikiCentral

At least more than 200 people like it.

H
hoody posted on Thu, Dec 29, 2011 3:12 AM

Got to be honest - everyone I know is on Facebook, except of course for some of my new and socially remote, but culturally correct, friends on Tiki Central :wink:

Recommend that someone take an interest and grow the Tiki Central fb page, with strong pointers back to this forum.

Kids today are familiar with multiple networking sites, and they find time to support all their networked friends.... its not a case of the forum OR Facebook, rather both sites need to be maintained.

"My father-in-law came over for Christmas and constantly complained that Rock and Roll destroyed the world... that Tiki is just some Hollywood bullshit...and that true culture can only be sourced from ancient Rome."

So funny to read threads about fb destroying the world... I feel like I've joined another family!!

Now "Tiki" is either a spa or an undescribed local business in Mississippi.

I have "un-liked" it into Oblivion!

I "Like" this thread :)

I deem Facebook, Not Tiki!

Blessed be, Lantz.

What's Facebook?

There's a tiki group on facebook with over 1600+ members which shows some great pics of peoples art and projects , and the Disney "Tiki day" site shows some classic pics of the enchanted tiki room.

"diluting focus" or stealing attention away from tiki central? I don't see it.... If the Goal is to learn and appreciate tiki past and future then why limit myself to one resource?

O

On 2013-08-02 21:51, bigtikidude wrote:
What's Facebook?

from Tikipedia
Facebook is an online social networking service, whose name stems from the colloquial name for the book given to students at the start of the academic year by some university administrations in the United States to help students get to know each other.[7] It was founded in February 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg with his college roommates and fellow Harvard University students Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes.[8] The website's membership was initially limited by the founders to Harvard students, but was expanded to other colleges in the Boston area, the Ivy League, and Stanford University. It gradually added support for students at various other universities before opening to high school students, and eventually to anyone aged 13 and over. Facebook now allows any users who declare themselves to be at least 13 years old to become registered users of the site including Tiki Central members.

O

Ok, I admit that I added the last bit about TC members being invited but everyone here (except Grog) should at least check them out.
The IPO was $38.00 a year ago and their stock performance should convince everyone that Facebook is something to be in awe of.

On 2013-08-03 01:25, Ojaitimo wrote:
The IPO was $38.00 a year ago and their stock performance should convince everyone that Facebook is something to be in awe of.

not really.

mai-tai's are still a better investment.

On 2013-08-03 01:25, Ojaitimo wrote:
Ok, I admit that I added the last bit about TC members being invited but everyone here (except Grog) should at least check them out.

The "Winklevoss" twins might disagree......

But I will just go under the warning in the "Necronomicon" (Book of the Dead)
that Social engineering websites are portals to "Hell & Damnation" & you risk your soul being torn apart!
So Facebook is another of the "Books of the Damned"

I for one don't appreciate my neighbors constantly yelling "Dead by Dawn! Dead by Dawn!"

On 2011-12-28 23:52, King Bushwich the 33rd wrote:
There are a few tiki groups, pages and others on Facebook.
. . .
The Tiki Central page is still there but not much content.

Facebook: TikiCentral

At least more than 200 people like it.

No new content since September 2012, most likely a casualty of the FB change that only the site owner/administrator can post on the main page.

The nice thing about the Facebook Tiki Page is that you can post a picture of non "poly pop" stuff and not get yelled at!!!

Aloha! BB

Because everyone who would yell at you is already at your house, Ben. :)
now can you pass the guacamole, please.....

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2013-08-04 22:55 ]

On 2013-08-04 22:53, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Because everyone who would yell at you is already at your house, Ben. :)
now can you pass the guacamole, please.....

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2013-08-04 22:55 ]

Ha! I have been nice here ever since I quit smoking :wink:
Smoking made me a real asshole ! Thanks for the beers
the other night ATP :wink:

Your welcome Ben! always good to see ya.

Pages: 1 27 replies