Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Casey Adams-"Nature Boy"

Pages: 1 7 replies

TM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urqQC-hzhUU

Shamelessly watching now.

Lucas, you just like his Stand-Up Git-Fiddle :lol:

I saw that last night and noticed everyone attributed the song to Nat King Cole instead of Eden Ahbez. I also noticed the crown wasn't quite too sure what to think of that song at first. Probably 75% or more had never heard that song before :D

Ugh. They rejected it flat out because on this show everything is suppose to be sung "like a hurricane". One of the many reasons I hate that show. Everything sung at 100% has no subtlety, no dynamics, and is just plain annoying.

TM

The three judges loved it.

Yeah, it turned out good. I just got set off by the guy with the hat.

TM

I am just glad jazz is getting mainstream exposure. Who would have thought you would hear "Nature Boy" on prime time TV!

First Esperanza Spaulding, now Casey Adams. Great year for bass, and for Jazz!

[ Edited by: lucas vigor 2011-04-15 15:15 ]

K

They generally credit the artist who made it famous, not the composer, unless it's a composer theme...They'll always say.."I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston...not composed by " (I think) Dolly Parton. So, it wasn't a mistake or sliht to Eden.

S

this kid got voted off last week even after he delivered one of the most memorable performances this season. i really question the sanity of mainstream america.

Pages: 1 7 replies