Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

WANTED: Kidney/Daly Jungle Cruise Boat

Pages: 1 9 replies

Hi Guys, just wondering if anyone out there has one of the classic Jungle Cruise boats (red/white cabana roof)
made my Kevin Kidney and Jody Daly that they'd like to sell.

Alternately -- do you know of anyone not on TC who might be interested in selling theirs?
I'm hoping to buy one for a diorama I'm putting together.

I do have an extra Tiki Room Barker Bird figure and could be open to some kind of trade as well. (the Barker Birds are even harder to find and more expensive).

Please let me know if there is any interest.
Thanks very much for any info you guys :)
John (Mr. Pupu Pants)

Bumpity bump

Howzit Pupu,

Does it HAVE to be the JC boat by Kidney & Daily, or would a similar type of boat that can be altered to look like a JC type river steam boat work for your project?

If the latter, you might want to check out the myriad of model boat kits out there. You may be able to convert one into a reasonable likeness without possibly devaluing a highly prized Disney collectible.

How are your kitbashing skills?

If it must be a Kidney & Daily JC River Boat, then ignore everything I've just suggested, just thought I'd throw that out there for you.

It does look awesome, no? Ah.... Misty-eyed watercolor memories of my youth.

Whatever your decision, I hope you find what you need.

Bear :drink:

sad, lonely bump

PS-- Thanks Brudda Bear :)
Yeah, I'm looking for the real Kidney/Daily one. I want to put it (unscathed) inside a large glass jug (like a ship in a bottle) for a Disneyland themed guest room we're putting together. Thought that would look cool and I have almost all their other stuff.

I might just end up scratch-building my own but Kevin's and Jody's stuff is pretty much perfection.

Not exactly what you want, but it is a Kevin Kidney/Jody Daily jungle cruise boat: The Amazon Belle

More info here:

http://miehana.blogspot.com/2010/07/rust-bucket.html

And Disney still has it in stock (for $225 plus shipping) if you call their merchandise line: 800-362-4533

Thanks Maui Rose :)
If I can't somehow find one of the old style boats, I still might get that one. (Thanks very much for the ordering info -- and the thoughtfulness)

Dearest Amy,thank you very much for looking out for me. I actually have one of those versions of the boat (but fortunately I didn't pay anywhere near $750 for it -- $50 actually). The one I got didn't have the boiler but that's ok because I'm just using the hull to make a remote control version as a present for my brother when his backyard pool is finished. (hopefully Tom is busy on his movie and not reading this).

The boat I'm looking for is going to reside in our 'Disneyland Guest room'. It will have the closet covered with fake stone to mimic the castle walls and the bed mattress will be resting on the lowered drawbridge in front of the rounded closet opening (I don't think the dimensons will allow for an actual Murphy style bed).

The opposite wall will be covered with a giant (6' x 9') wallpaper map of Disneyland (I think Sears sold them in the 60's or 70's) that I found on Ebay. It has that cool painterly look closely resembling the late 60's park map -- really beautiful looking (and I couldn't believe one could still exist that hadn't already been glued onto a wall). I'm going to mount the wallpaper sections on panels so it's movable if that ever became necessary.

I was also lucky enough to pick up some cool full size fiberglass Disney characters from displays after the closing of Disney Stores that will welcome you to the room.

There's a bunch of other stuff I've collected over the years (including some real props from the rides) that will find a home in that room as well.

I'll post a picture of some of the stuff I have collected for that room in the next day or so if anyone is interested.

With my injuries from the car accident all I can do at the moment is dream and plan. I'm just hoping this stuff will end up the way it looks in my head.
The fun part is trying.

Thank you my awesome TC friends for your kindness, thoughfulness and inspiration. I truly, truly mean it.
John

It's worth it just to see what you'll do with it! :)

I would love to see pictures of what you've collected for that room.

Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Bump.....Bueller?....Bueller?...............Bueller?

Pages: 1 9 replies