Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Aloha and Mahalo - New Member

Pages: 1 2 replies

Hello Everyone!!! I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I've been lurkin' it up for about 3-4 months and have a great time cruisin' through the threads.

I've been collecting vintage Hawaiian shirts for about 10 years and kinda/sorta found TC while doing some research on one of the shirts I found at the Rose Bowl flea market. I want to say it's a 1950's aloha shirt from The Beachcomber Shop in Palm Springs. I was doing some research on Google and it directed me to a thread on here, and, I've been lurking ever since.

You guys have expanded my interest from aloha shirts to everything tiki and I wanted to send a quick thanks for the wealth of information, cool pictures, and inspiration to expand my collecting addiction.

I'm couped up in the city of Pasadena, CA, but, am trying to move back to Hawai'i or the coastal wine country of CA in the next 12-18 months. I've recently started expanding my collecting from aloha shirts to tiki mugs, ashtrays, pictures, menus, and artwork because I've been totally inspired by Your kickass home tiki bars and tiki finds.

I hope to keep learning about everything tiki and becoming positive member of the community!

Aloha,

• TikiRootsRocka

Welcome TikiRootsRocka, there are tikiphiles in Napa and Sacramento. We have lots of parties and so much fun. Check out the Sacramento Crawl thread under California Events. If you come our way you would get to meet everyone over a three day tour of tiki homes. This occurs in October so you have time to move and get settled. If you have any questions just send me a PM (personal message)by clicking on it at the bottom of my message here. You will not find a better group of people and you will have instant friends where ever you go. Cheers, Wendy-danlovestikis

Thanks for the welcome! Hopefully I'll be up there by October 2012!!!

Pages: 1 2 replies