Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

(California Location)Looking for Live Music with a dark side to it....

Pages: 1 11 replies

New first time Event in Mojave,Ca.

Think Halloween,Shrunken Heads,Black Magic,Voodoo..........

Please remember this is a first time Event so location and price are a factor,i cant ship someone in from Florida.......Looking Local

Please PM me if interested.......

J

I'd say the Ding Dong Devils with their Cramps-style influence, plus they have several songs in their catalog with the aforementioned dark theme. And they're TIKI !! :) If they blow-up after Tiki Caliente however they might be too expensive. :(

I understand there's an up and coming Hawaiian-inspired Goth band, the Spooky Menehunes. I heard their lead bassist Lucas V. Gore is an actual High Priest in the Church of Satan !! You need to make sure you pay the band on time. Those who have incurred his dark wrath have developed split-personalities (a la "Sybil") as a result.

This is really a BigTikiDude question. Jeff, you saw 45 Grave recently. Does Dinah Cancer still have her chops ?

And oh yeah, the Ghastly Ones ! Maybe their "hot rod" spin-off band as well ? Were they spooky ? I forget.

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2011-04-17 21:15 ]

TM

+1000 for Exotiki!

And a new band definitely worth checking out....The Shook ups!

G
Gavin posted on Mon, Apr 18, 2011 9:08 AM

The Creepy Creeps, Deadbolt, The Ghastly Ones....

K
kirby posted on Mon, Apr 18, 2011 9:21 AM

vanduras!

Reunited Tiki Tones, with SHAG
doing just their dark songs.

Jeff(btd)

It's a shame that these guys aren't still together...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iypUpv9xelg

Danny has said no way due to hearing loss, but it'd be awesome to see him back with Steve, "Vatos,""Sluggo," Leon and the rest of the boys. It's looking like big bro Richard has sort of re-formed "The Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo" along the lines of the original concept of an avant-garde performance art ensemble. But they may a bit too off the wall and not quite as family friendly as you may be looking for.

Bear

[ Edited by: Brudda Bear 2011-04-23 02:13 ]

Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo not family friendly? They were on primetime TV back in the Seventies. Or was it the Eighties? Or was it daytime TV?

Youtube: Gong Show with Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo

Well, whatever year and time of day the Gong Show was on.

[ Edited by: KING BUSHWICH THE 33RD 2011-04-23 00:24 ]

On 2011-04-23 00:17, King Bushwich the 33rd wrote:
Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo not family friendly?

Seen them lately? They are essentially performing a version of their surrealistic cult classic film "Forbidden Zone" live onstage. Squeezit in his tightie whities, topless women with only pasties for modesty's sake, very adult content... Yeah, not family friendly.

If you've never seen "Forbidden Zone" you probably have no idea what I'm talking about, there are clips on You Tube.

Just don't let your head explode trying to understand any of it.

Bear

:drink:

[ Edited by: Brudda Bear 2011-04-23 02:15 ]

Here's some dark Exotica I recorded back in the 90's.....

http://soundcloud.com/jeff-central/den-e-beat

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

TM

On 2011-04-23 05:21, Jeff Central wrote:
Here's some dark Exotica I recorded back in the 90's.....

http://soundcloud.com/jeff-central/den-e-beat

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

That's f-ing great!

Pages: 1 11 replies