Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Chicago Alert: Trader Vic's Now Closed Sun thru Wed

Pages: 1 8 replies

We found out the hard way tonite that Chicago Trader Vic's is now closed Sunday to Wednesday. We actually called first to see if our favorite bartender was there, but they have a history of not answering the phone, nor have they ever had their hours available on their voicemail, so we didn't think much of it. We talked to the doorman of the building and the people at Morton's Steak House next door and it was a surprise today to everyone. In fact, Morton's had two parties dining there tonite who had reservations at TV's.

On the upside, Morton's had some killer weekday deals on bar snacks and were very accommodating. A nice old school steak house.

TT

Sad indeed. Many markets now have more restaurants than the population can support. Let's hope TV Chicago can hold fast.

They should have never moved from the Palmer House!

My daughter went to Vic's in Chicago a couple of weeks ago on a Sunday. The were playing AC/DC and Led Zeppelin on the sound system. She asked about the music and was told by the manager that Sundays were bartenders choice for the music. Only six people in the whole restaurant that day. I hope things get better for the location.

On 2011-04-18 08:39, uncle trav wrote:
My daughter went to Vic's in Chicago a couple of weeks ago on a Sunday. The were playing AC/DC and Led Zeppelin on the sound system. She asked about the music and was told by the manager that Sundays were bartenders choice for the music. Only six people in the whole restaurant that day. I hope things get better for the location.

I hate to say it, but this sounds terribly familiar,... like where our Dallas Vic's was, a bit before it closed.

M

I hope they can hang in there!

I'm the most thirstiesterest of all!
TRADER VIC'S stuff for sale on EBAY 1957SPUTNIK
http://shop.ebay.com/1957sputnik/m.html

[ Edited by: mrsmiley 2011-04-19 08:43 ]

The rumors are true- the hours are now weekends only (can't be a good sign, what with paying that hefty Rush St. rent...yeesh.)

Unfortunately no one seemed to be able to give me a straightforward answer on WHY the hours have changed (though it doesn't really take a rocket scientist to figure it out... just wanted to hear it directly from the source.)

I'm in the process of trying to set up some kind of DJ/Raffle/fun-for-everybody/come hang out night at TV's-- I'll post here with details as soon as there's something solid.

If any Chicagoans or local folks want to get involved, have specific thoughts or things they'd like to contribute, etc etc, send me a message and we'll get to planning.

Woulda had this rolling sooner, but am currently running two other monthly DJ nights (and am hoping to have at least one of those turned to exotica-ONLY soon!)

C

We've got a bit of a group headed to TV's Chicago Friday night - dinner early, then headed to the bar if anyone wants to drop by :D

Ahoy there-

Not sure we can make it this Friday (unfortunately... though we were there last Friday) We're headed into the wilds of Iowa for rockabilly bands, hot rods, and dirt track races (and innumerable pre-mixed Mai Tais from the portable cooler, fer sher.)

But keep me posted next time yr headed that way! We'll be good to head back in another week or so, I'm sure.

It'd be good to meet more local folks face-to-face; we gotta keep the tiki torch burning!

--Pete

Pages: 1 8 replies