Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tiki Gods Priced, Looking for home

Pages: 1 16 replies

P

Hello collectors. After much thought and lowering the price of the items. The family is looking for 3 thousand a piece and or best offer. You may view the pictures in the section (collecting tiki) Subject : tiki pictures updated. I will return all email bids and you may call my phone but may take a few days for me to respond because of my location. Thank you all for your help and intrest in these gods. We beleive they do hold some spiritual value along with their unique look. Good luck

Sincerely Brother Peter
610 802 3269
[email protected]

Good luck!

this is gonna get good.

Here the thread that Peter is talking about:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=39251&forum=5

Waitaminnit...did you say 3000.- a PIECE ? I thought you meant for the whole bunch !!! I am sorry, but that is highly unrealistic. Nobody here has that kind of dough, and nowhere else will anybody shell out that much for some old fern Tikis.

[ Edited by: bigbrotiki 2011-04-20 13:19 ]

M
Murph posted on Wed, Apr 20, 2011 2:27 PM

I think Brother Peter meant Pesos... No?

G
GROG posted on Wed, Apr 20, 2011 2:56 PM

[ Edited by: GROG 2011-04-20 15:01 ]

T

You know, i had an extra $21,000 just burning a hole in my pocket. i think I found a use for it

Will you accept a post dated cheque?

If that's the reduced price, I'm afraid to ask what the original price was for fear I'd die in a fit of hysterical laughter.

Bear
:drink:

C
Chub posted on Thu, Apr 21, 2011 12:34 AM

Peter, let me know when you decide to take $300.00 for the whole lot and I'll think about it.

Guys, your being too brutal on poor Peter! He's just the intermediary for the family who dug these out of their garage, and it is THEY who decided the price. I am assuming they feel that they have genuine antiques on their hands - which yes, they are ( fern Tikis are hard to find because outside they rot away) - but the Tiki carving genre is not exactly in that "Antiques Roadshow" amazing "Eureka I am rich" bracket. Either the family thinks it is, or they have a genuine attachment to these guys, and would rather keep them than sell them for less - which I respect. We ALL had financially challenging times recently, and were forced to sell things that were dear to us.

What I really want to know is the history of these babies: WHY are there so many - and how did they get to the mainland? They must have adorned SOME fine Luau backyard or rumpus room back in the day!

SHIT!
Just when when it was starting to get good and turning the water a nice shade of 'BLOOD RED'
Along comes Sven ,taking the 'HIGH ROAD'

Well, as far as I can gather from the few e-mails I got from Peter, he has seen his share of blood as a combat veteran, and has come away with his own challenges from that experience. I am always respectful of folks that look for the spiritual in things, and do not assume any willful greed where there is innocent hope.

Y

I gotta say, those tikis look pretty old and impressive. If they are the real deal, then the price isn't that high. You'd need a carving expert to look at these though and possibly date them as well. There are ways to do such things and they should look into that before pricing them, or maybe even selling them too cheaply!!!

If I were Peter, I'd possibly look into matching these with something in a Hawaiian history museum??

On 2011-04-21 11:38, bigbrotiki wrote:
Guys, your being too brutal on poor Peter! He's just the intermediary for the family who dug these out of their garage, and it is THEY who decided the price.

But it is Peter who is holding himself out as the Sales Rep, without any sense to either (a) try and sell to some who don't know the true value or (b) tell the owners that the $3,000.00 price is outrageous.

Consequently, he is deserving of all of the scorn he receives.

On 2011-04-20 11:59, Peter wrote:
We beleive they do hold some spiritual value along with their unique look.
Sincerely Brother Peter

Well Brother, you better start prayin' to the gods for that price.

P

You are welcome to throw the veggies at me. Respecting your opinion is your freedom. I will check the message board every few days. Thank you
Sincerely Brother Peter God bless America !

aka Gator

Pages: 1 16 replies