Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

any ideas for Easter cocktails??

Pages: 1 5 replies

seems to me that some combination of monk-made liqueurs would be in order, perhaps some mix of Benedictine, Chartreuse, and ...?

also, I saw an older thread where somebody suggested that the locals on Easter Island drink pisco sours...

Maybe something "flowery", made with St. Germain, or maybe a Blue Moon, made with creme de violette? The wild violets are starting to come out in my area, and I'm going to try for the first time to make my own violette.

http://www.imbibemagazine.com/Blue-Moon-Cocktail-Recipe

I like the "made by monks" idea, though!

[ Edited by: hibiscus 2011-04-23 16:20 ]

a monk-created liqueur i forgot-- Frangelico...

M

Not what you're going for, but I thought this was pretty cute: Camper English's Peeps straws

http://www.alcademics.com/2011/04/a-better-use-for-peeps-than-eating-them.html

On 2011-04-23 11:32, thePorpoise wrote:
any ideas for Easter cocktails??

The old standby, a Missionary's Downfall? Or since yesterday was Good Friday, why not a Rusty Nail?

Bear

I am SO going to Hell for that one...

[ Edited by: Brudda Bear 2011-04-23 18:08 ]

here's what i came up with-- a variation on the pisco sour, for now let's call it an

Easter Lily (for 2):

3 oz. pisco (I used Peruvian, but on Easter Island they would use Chilean)
3/4 oz. yellow Chartreuse (the French gov. once persecuted the Carthusian monks who invented the liqueur)
1/4 oz. Benedictine (the abbey that invented this liqueur was persecuted during the FR. Revolution)
1 oz egg white (pasteurized)
1 oz key lime juice
1 oz simple syrup
1 oz orgeat
1 dash Angostura bitters

--shake vigorously for 30 seconds in a cocktail shaker to bind the ingredients; add ice, shake for 30 seconds more; strain into two champagne glasses; optional- add 2-3 drops Angostura to the foam on top as garnish.

--has a lily white color; an herbal/slightly floral aroma/profile; egg as an ingredient = Eastery; pisco = easter islandy; easter island + lime and orgeat = tiki-y?

[ Edited by: thePorpoise 2011-04-23 23:56 ]

Pages: 1 5 replies