Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Murder on Tiki Island! Noir mystery novel, set in 1956

Pages: 1 22 replies

I (Tiki Chris Pinto, author of the noir mystery Murder Behind the Closet Door) am proud to announce that my latest full-length novel, Murder on Tiki Island has been published in eBook format and is available for download from the Kindle store on Amazon.com!

The book takes place at a mythical Tiki Resort in the Florida Keys in 1956, and is chock full of hot dames, mermaids, Exotica music, Tikis, palm trees, ghosts, bones, and mystery. Check it out! Paperback version will be available soon!

I wrote this book with Tikiphiles who appreciate true, 100% mid-century Tiki culture in mind. The "Tiki Resort" is described in such a way that you'll feel you are visiting a real, old-fashioned Polynesian style resort in the 1950s, reminiscent of the Mai Kai, Trader Vic's or Don the Beachcomber of old.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004XJ4ULE

The eBook is only $4.39, and can be downloaded to read on Kindle, iPhone, iPad, Mac or PC. Paperback version will be available soon.

For more info visit the website at http://keywestmurdermystery.com, or join the facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/KeyWestMystery

I've read Chris's previous novel MURDER BEHIND THE CLOSET DOOR which is a richly evocative portrait of South Jersey in the 70s, with some detours to previous decades, combining murder mystery with mundane but somehow magical daily life on the shore. He has a real gift for detail when it comes to characterization and setting, creating people, situations and places vividly and eloquently. It is also just plain entertaining. I really look forward to this new book, not only because of the subject matter, which is right up my alley, but because Chris is an accomplished author worth following.

Thanks buddy! Most appreciated, especially coming from a professional writer.
-CP

I just picked up a copy. It seemed like the perfect way to break in the Kindle app on my new iPad.

Kevin

On 2011-04-28 22:22, heylownine wrote:
I just picked up a copy. It seemed like the perfect way to break in the Kindle app on my new iPad.

Kevin

Fantastic! I hope you dig it.

What about the nook?

On 2011-04-29 11:40, alohashirtbob wrote:
What about the nook?

I have a B&N Account and will have it available for the Nook in about a week or so. My other noir mystery, Murder Behind the Closet Door is available on Nook here for $3.95 : http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Murder-Behind-The-Closet-Door/Christopher-Pinto/e/2940012535412/?itm=1&USRI=murder+behind+the+closet+door

Thanks for asking :)

Tiki Chris

Still waiting on the nook version...

still no nook version that i can find...

On 2011-05-24 10:26, alohashirtbob wrote:
still no nook version that i can find...

My nook account is hung up in limbo...working with them to get it straightened out. I'll post when it's ready, hopefully soon!

Checked today and the Nook version is available! Yeah!!

I've got Pinto's latest book on my nook now. Great reading at a great price!

Thanks buddy! Very happy you like it.

I'm digging the book the most! Mermaids, mystery, and mayhem, tropical style! Nothing goes down as smoothly as some tasty, juicy tiki noir after it's been hard-boiled out in the 1950s Florida sun. More later...

On 2011-07-26 11:51, AquaZombie wrote:
I'm digging the book the most! Mermaids, mystery, and mayhem, tropical style! Nothing goes down as smoothly as some tasty, juicy tiki noir after it's been hard-boiled out in the 1950s Florida sun. More later...

What a great line! Can I use that in the marketing? :)

Here's the updated cover of the Print version featuring Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid. She really makes the cover swing, right?

My wife and I are big Florida mystery fans reading and re-reading John D. MacDonald's Travis McGee series (based in Ft. Lauderdale) & Randy Wayne White's Doc Ford series (Based around Sanibel). I'm also a fan of James W. Hall's Thorn series (Key Largo), but not my wife, go figure. Going through withdrawals having devoured the latest Ford novel three months ago with another not due until next February or March I started looking for a new author and series based in Florida. I found Murder on Tiki Island.

While the style is quite different from either Macdonld's or White's, the writing is solid. I'm still adjusting to the neo-noir style in which the book is written but Pinto's descriptions and obvious knowledge of both modern music and the Florida Keys add greatly to the novel. It's also obvious that Pinto is an old car junkie and that adds to the novel as well. I purchased the book in Nook format to take and read on a cruise next month but I'm already hooked. If you enjoy Florida mystery stories I recommend you check out this novel.

Thank you very much Ricky Tiki, it means a lot to me that you're digging my book. I hope you enjoy it from cover to cover!

T

Aloha, Tiki Chris Pinto

My wife wondered why I was focused on my iPhone all evening and into the wee hours of this morning. I credit you as author of Murder on Tiki Island for a relatively sleep-free night. It was a captivating read in its story, imagery and historical context. I'm a regular visitor to the Florida Keys and Key West. I also experienced Hurricane Katrina at Category 1 strength while at Key West in 2005, after it made an unexpected downward movement into the Florida Keys, on the way to its fateful rendezvous with New Orleans. Murder on Tiki Island effectively portrays the sound, fury and visceral effect of these tropical storms on those who experience them.

I also credit you with inducing me to try the Kindle app on the iPhone. For those who haven't tried it, it works exceedingly well.

Mahalo for all,

Tom

On 2011-10-09 08:58, TikiTomD wrote:
Aloha, Tiki Chris Pinto

My wife wondered why I was focused on my iPhone all evening and into the wee hours of this morning. I credit you as author of Murder on Tiki Island for a relatively sleep-free night. It was a captivating read in its story, imagery and historical context. I'm a regular visitor to the Florida Keys and Key West. I also experienced Hurricane Katrina at Category 1 strength while at Key West in 2005, after it made an unexpected downward movement into the Florida Keys, on the way to its fateful rendezvous with New Orleans. Murder on Tiki Island effectively portrays the sound, fury and visceral effect of these tropical storms on those who experience them.

I also credit you with inducing me to try the Kindle app on the iPhone. For those who haven't tried it, it works exceedingly well.

Mahalo for all,

Tom

Thanks Tiki Tom! I wrote this book for people like you, and it really makes me feel great to hear you dig it.
I too lived through a few storms, including hurricane Wilma in 2005 that nearly took the room of off our home west of Fort Lauderdale. It was fun writing about going through a storm...but I hope I never have to actually live through that again, that's for sure.

Thanks again, I really appreciate the cool review!

One of these Friday nights, Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid (who is on the cover of the book) and I are going to do a book signing at the Wreck Bar in Fort Lauderdale after her show. Maybe sometime in January, or maybe April during the Hukilau. I'll keep you kats posted.

More information on Murder on Tiki Island, available in paperback for $10.75 and for Kindle and Nook for $3.99 can be found at the StarDust Mysteries website

http://stardustmysteries.com/Murder-on-tiki-island-chris-pinto.html

Makes a great Christmas gift for any Tiki lover!

Pages: 1 22 replies