Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Tanzanian moonshine

Pages: 1 2 replies

I know Tanzania isn't very tiki, but I was wondering if anybody had any good recipes, in case I get my hands on some Tanzanian moonshine...

A TANZANIAN man has died after drinking 25 sachets of a potent moonshine known as "double punch", losing a six-dollar bet with his friends that he could gulp 30 down in one sitting.

Moses Kanyange, 37, had been promised $6.09 by his partners during a drinking session if he could down 30 sachets of the brew, a pungent spirit imported from neighbouring Zambia.

"We are still investigating the issue because more than 10 people took part, but only Moses died," Isuto Mantage, a police commander from the southwestern region of Tanzania said today.

Other police sources said Kanyange was "an experienced drinker", known to be able to drink 25 half-litre bottles of beer in less than two hours, but he had already consumed too much alcohol before taking the double punch bet.

Original story: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/breaking-news/double-punch-tanzanian-drinks-to-death/story-e6freuyi-1226046530050

T

Noticed that the man actually downed Zambian moonshine, apparently a more toxic brew than the Tanzanian stuff he was accustomed to...

maybe the fumes form that stuff id what's melting the snows of Kilimanjaro...

Pages: 1 2 replies