Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Cockspur Rum Punch - Should I drink it?

Pages: 1 9 replies

T

I bought this unopened bottle at an estate sale yesterday and was wondering i I should open it and drink?
If it was straight rum, I wouldn't think twice.

[ Edited by: TikiPug 2011-05-01 08:59 ]

A

I double dog dare you!

T

On 2011-05-01 09:52, arriano wrote:
I double dog dare you!

Would you?

Probably not. That looks like an old package. The first run of the product had a short shelf life since it used real fruit juice with 25% abv.
Edit. They halted production for some time to figure out how to get it to last. That is why there is a new label.

Got Greyhounds? Viva Kate!

[ Edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2011-05-01 12:44 ]

I triple dog dare you. :)

PD

I Pikeys DOg Dare You.

But you must snort it through a straw...

T

On 2011-05-03 17:44, Pikeys Dog wrote:
I Pikeys DOg Dare You.

But you must snort it through a straw...

arriano, Pikeys Dog & Mr. NoNaMe, are you going to be at Oasis?
If so, I will wait until then and open it and drink it with you guys.

Now that's a good idea! See you there...

That looks like a most unfortunate side project for an otherwise stellar distillery with a stellar product. I spent 5 months consuming that rum on a cruise ship that went to Barbados every week. It was the official drink of the Chess Club, which met between shows pretty much every night. Both players and spectators were privy to sipping rights. Good times, indeed!

I would drink it...

I have that exact bottle behind in my tiki bar, it is the last of 5 that I bought almost 20 years ago. I still plan on drinking it someday. It is called a punch, but look at the label there is so much alcohol in it I think it will be drinkable forever.

Here in Barbados rum is cheaper than fruit juice, so guess how we mix your punch.

• Director of the booze cruise my wife and took in Barbados.

Pages: 1 9 replies