Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

PMP mug for trade

Pages: 1 7 replies

E

Yes, I am going to let one of my 2 PMPs go in exchange for something of equivalent coolness. This of course is the little guy found on p. 182 of BoT. I could make a good profit on him on eBay (where I found him in the first place), but that's not what I'm about. You guys get first (and only) shot. Takers?

aloha, emspace.

You need to educate me. What is PMP?

Paul Marshall Something?

E

Yeppers Monkeyman, Paul Marshall Products. The only distinguishing marks being a "PMP" on the base. Apparently used in many restaurants, also sold to the public in boxed sets of 4.

cheers,
emspace.

Em, I'd be happy to trade from my recent acquisitions listed in the "tiki Finds" thread (#10) if they're not considered too mundane. I have those "Blue Hawaii" mugs, the Luau Hut R-5s, and that unmarked Hawaiian Inn-looking thing. I don't have any PMP yet, but I've been meaning to search one out. Let me know if you're interested.

T

I have an extra 'AL Harrington' the South Pacific Man' to trade. Also I have extra Leilanis (don't we all?) and various orchids of Hawaii doubles. Let me know what you're looking for - anything in particular?

E

Hi all, thanks for your replies -

Whew, now I actually have to make a decision! Oy...well, first tikifish since there are no photos. I know who Al Harrington was, but what exactly are ya talking about? Is it his old CD? Not looking for music right now. As to the Leilanis and Orchids, I'm not really looking for anything in particular, maybe you could send or post photos, or give references to the ones you have at http://www.tikiroom.net/gallery/index.php.

sb, I like the Orchids...hell, I like them all. But I'll defer till I get more info from tikifish, specially since it was her that posted the original heads-up that found me the PMPs on eBay. I should add that I am now looking to collect some swizzles, so am not averse to suggestions in this area, also I am nuts about anything from Kahiki, though I am not going to expand into matchbooks.

Hope it doesn't look like I'm trying to make people kiss my arse, this is the first time I'm offering a trade and I promise I won't keep you all on pins and needles with this.

aloha,
emspace.

E

Ideally I'd have to say a PMP "peanut" mug would be the best. Are they any rarer?

aloha, em.

T

The Al Harrington is a mug - beighe with a brown bas releif ku on the side. One has a handle, one doesn't. Take your pick! Here's one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3224507418&category=29460

Pages: 1 7 replies