Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Authentic, on the sand, beach party price point question.

Pages: 1 6 replies

O

I'm crazy for always thinking up strange ideas, but I have serious question:
What would your price point be to attend an authentic, on the California sand, 60's style beach party, 50' from the ocean, with bonfires, sand chairs, and stage with entertainment including a true, first wave, early 60's surf guitarist and band, held at a 'beach house' facility with a full bar,'Lounge' music D.J., and the legal permits to take your booze on the beach for the show(very hard to do in California)?

That was a poor English run on sentence, that sounds way too much like a sales pitch, but I wanted to get all the points in. This would be in Monterey in the fall when the weather is nicest. A hotel that's o.k with room parties, would be set up as the official headquarters for the weekend (but not necessary to attend the beach party). Possibly some daytime vending happening too.

If staying for the night the whole package could probably be done for around $300 to $350 a couple. Less of course if sharing rooms.

Think about what luaus cost in Hawaii when responding. Unfortunately an event like this can't come cheap, and if food was needed to make it enticing that would drive the cost up the way a catered wedding costs, but I've talked to some people about doing something like this and they've said they'd be interested. It would be a mellower Tiki vacation more than an event. Something different but very unique.

Hey, its good to see that you are still thinking of close my home event. I haven't any idea of a price since it would involve what it costs to put it on and what amount of profit you need. But we would love to attend this type of party. There is a good group here in Sacramento who love to party, so go for it. Wendy

O

The flip side of the same question: How much interest is there in doing a free BYOB beach party with bonfires and all that? There's at tiny stretch of beach in Carmel that allows on the sand bonfires (what, no fire rings needed?) that also allows alcohol (what, no permits???) as long as the group is under 50 people and there are no noise complaints. Acoustic music only. The place is kinda a locals only secret, but it's all amazingly legal and part of the cities municipal code.

H

On 2011-05-08 10:02, Okolehao wrote:
The flip side of the same question: How much interest is there in doing a free BYOB beach party with bonfires and all that? There's at tiny stretch of beach in Carmel that allows on the sand bonfires (what, no fire rings needed?) that also allows alcohol (what, no permits???) as long as the group is under 50 people and there are no noise complaints. Acoustic music only. The place is kinda a locals only secret, but it's all amazingly legal and part of the cities municipal code.

How late are people allowed to be on the beach? As long as there are no noise complaints? Or do the authorities enforce a curfew?

As you may know, there is an annual Tiki Beach Burn here in Southern California:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=36364&forum=17&92

Loads of fun but having to clear off the beach by 10pm is always enforced.

A beach party where we could stay later would be great.

Hak,
Even though Booze is consumed
At the OC Beach Burn.
It is not legally permitted.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

H

On 2011-05-08 17:55, bigtikidude wrote:
Hak,
Even though Booze is consumed
At the OC Beach Burn.
It is not legally permitted.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

Yeah, fortunately that's never been a big obstacle, only a hinderance. The 10pm curfew though is a bit early.

O

Yes, sadly there is a 10 P.M. lights out on the bonfire. But I'm not sure if there's a 'Beach is Closed' rule after that. It is in a residential neighborhood with multi-million dollar homes right above on the cliff, so obviously things have to be a little mellow.

But, the hotel I suggested is just over the hill in Monterey. 10 minute drive tops. They've got their own basement lounge called The Safari Room.

[ Edited by: Okolehao 2011-05-08 21:06 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies