Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Mr. Ho's Orchestrotica 4-Piece Exotica Combo

Pages: 1 6 replies

O

Mr. Ho's exotica combo's May 6 show at Miles' in NYC was fabulous. Their album is coming out soon, and you simply cannot miss this one. Fascinating arrangements, great originals, and a very cool hybrid between classic exotica and mid-century geometric longhair futurism (a favorite subgenre of OnyaBirri). In an alternate universe, this stuff would be on the soundtracks of Charles and Ray Eames' films. As an extra treat, Mr. Ho was kind enough to invite the guy from Stolen Idols (forget his name) to provide distinctive piano ornamentation to a couple of Martin Denny tunes. With all these cool contemporary tiki combos, these are great times to be an exotica enthusiast!

[ Edited by: OnyaBirri 2011-05-08 13:31 ]

Wish I could have been there! Can't wait to get the new record!

MH

OnyaBirri - yes, that was definitely a fun time and thanks for the kind words! Can we grab a drink monday evening? Give me a buzz! Also, you are invited for next week's tampa hang - email the source for details!

best,
Mr. HO

Mr. Ho, when does "Third River Rangoon" drop in physical format? I'm going mad with anticipation for my pre-ordered copy's arrival! :)

RB

Well, MY pre-ordered "Third River Rangoon" arrived last week...and it's great!

MH

Theyre starting to be shipped, A little early for pre order and TC folks :) thanks for thr compliments!

Mr. Ho

Just Amazing Spectacular Stellar Bam!

Pages: 1 6 replies