Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Munktiki Johnny Ltd #67 of 100 on Ebay!

Pages: 1 13 replies

Yes I am putting my only limited Munktiki up on Ebay, besides my Sheckys. I have decided that I would rather decorate with Tikis and such first, new mugs second. If anyone is intrested, here it is.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=nedyahr&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25

T

Hey, what do you know about those Westwood type ones you have on Ebay as well? I found a set of four up in northern Ontario last year. I beleive I paid a buck each for them. Maybe it was 4 for a buck. Anyway, whatever it was it was a steal!

I dont know anything about them. They look very similar to the westwoods, thats all I know.

T

So how do you know they're very rare and very old? : )

Lets see. I make ceramics, I sell ceramics, I buy ceramics and I have ceramics and molds from the 50', 60's, 70's, 80's etc. By looking at these and the crazing that completely covers them you can assume, and you know what they say about that, that these mugs where produced in the 60's to 70's judging by condition. To me, 60's and 70's and early 80's is old when it comes to a mug. They age like a dog. If you want to start asking questions about people's wording in their auctions, consider some of the ones you have tried to pass off in the past. Yes you have offended me, but you probably dont care. So nether do I anymore.

T

Hey, hey, whoa, whoa! I wasn't meaning to offend you! It was a light ribbing! A LIGHT RIBBING! All sellers engage in a little verbal puffery, myself included. I was just giving you a nudge and a wink.

Didn't mean to get your feathers ruffled. And I was genuinely interested in knowing what you know about those mugs.

E
Erika posted on Tue, Jun 3, 2003 8:37 AM

Kokomo TB&G: Don't be mad at Tikifish for asking questions--I was wondering the same thing. Anyway, I'm sure you know from experience as an eBay buyer that when you're interested in an item, you should ask about anything that's not clear. Especially with so many of the items for sale at eBay labelled "rare,""hard to find," "vintage," and "old" (or my new favorite "Art Deco"!) rather fancifully. Your answer about familiarity with ceramics and estimate that the mugs are from the 60s-70s is a decent answer to explain what you meant by "old." (I expect that what you meant by "rare" is what you said in the item description: that you hadn't seen that mug on eBay before.)

I do like the sleepy faces on those tiki mugs! Very cute.

M

*so many of the items for sale at eBay labelled "rare,""hard to find," "vintage," *

Oh, I agree. One must be very diligent before buying. There have been numerous times I have seen mugs termed "rare"...only to see four or five others for sale in other Ebay auctions. Also, mugs newly made, but suspiciously described as "1960's".

Buyer beware, as always.
midnite

I say we give 'em clubs and let 'em duel to the death.

Clubs, I prefer guns!

(Just kidding)

Kinda woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Bad day! Excuse the asshole in me.

T

That would be an unfair fight - Canadians can't have guns!

Now, a seal club, there's something I can get my hands on...

There is nothing fair about war. How about you take the seal club, I will take my gun, you can club em, and I will finish them off. Whats a seal taste like anyway?

Whats a seal taste like anyway?

It tastes just like it smells.... delicious!

Well if one ever makes it to my neck of the woods, I will find out. Hope it doesnt taste like chicken.

Pages: 1 13 replies