Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Gallery

Canadian Tiki carver

Pages: 1 4 replies

Hello all - Shameful Tiki from Vancouver BC, wanted to share one of my latest creations with you. My thing up until not too long ago has been vintage t-shirts and lounge style bowling shirts. Still doing that, my website is finally almost done and you will all hear about it when it is, - but I have also started carving.
I have posted a few pics of some of my small ones but here's my latest pieces. Let me know what you think! The long face is a rescued piece of beach driftwood, even has some beach fire scars as someone attempted to burn it at some point - pretty cool

The Moai is a smaller two foot piece I made for a friend recently. He pretty much came from some old 6 by 8 fence post (the carving, not my friend)

Both have a great "carved long ago" look to them, I like that! The Moai came ou t particularly nice!

P
Polly posted on Sun, May 22, 2011 7:44 PM

Looks great. :)

REALLY TERRIFIC OLD STYLE TIKIS. WE HAVE THE CANDLE VERSION OF THE FIRST ONE AND A FRIEND IN ENGLAND HAS MADE IT INTO A CERAMIC MUG. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE SEEN IT IN WOOD AND I LIKE IT VERY MUCH. YOU HAVE FOUND YOUR CALLING. WENDY

Thanks kids! much appreciated kind words.

Pages: 1 4 replies