Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Marina the Fire-Eating Mermaid performing in Vegas August 12-13!

Pages: 1 5 replies

Okay, do any of us really NEED an excuse to go to Vegas? Well, if you do, here's the perfect one! Our favorite aquatic pal, Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid, will be performing at the first-ever mermaid convention on August 12-13, 2011. YES, THERE REALLY IS A MERMAID CONVENTION! Here's the link: http://www.worldmermaidawards.com/

Come and cheer her on in a spectacular tropical setting -- The Mirage Hotel's pool! What a perfect place to watch mermaids! What a perfect reason to go to Las Vegas!

As we know, Tiki crosses over into many areas: Rockabilly, Modernism, Disney, Pirates, Mermaids and other aspects of Retro-Culture. We appreciate all of this. And we love Marina, so come and see her in Las Vegas! Yes, she will also be performing at Tiki Oasis one week later, but seeing her frolic in a Vegas setting is a unique opportunity, not to be missed. Plus, YOU'RE IN VEGAS... baby!

Go onto Facebook and find the World Mermaid Awards page. Right now they're having a special pre-sale on tickets to this event. $20.00 for a two-day pass (valid during daytime only) and $45.00 for a two day pass that includes all the nighttime activities. (This is probably the one you want, since the "Swim With the Mermaids" pool party is Friday night.)

And a special note to our artist friends: If you create and sell mermaid-inspired or tropical/Tiki/fantasy artwork, jewelry, etc., please check out the convention link above for information on how to vend at this convention. It could be a good way to get your product introduced to a new group of fans. I believe you get a few extra free tickets to the event if you vend, so you can bring some friends along with you! Fun fun fun!

I hope to see some of our Ohana there! Let's welcome Marina to Vegas as only Tiki people can! Drinks at Frankie's Tiki Room afterward!

Aloha from Tangaroa-Ru and Tiki Magazine!

[ Edited by: Tangaroa-Ru 2011-05-20 00:19 ]

J

That event in Las Vegas at the Mirage = retro Tropical mermaid perfection.

Why oh why does it have to be the same weekend as BigTikiDude's SG101 convention ??

Grrrr.... :evil:

Oh well, good problem to have I guess.

John-O, if I were in charge of this (as imaginary Queen Bee of the Universe), I would not have double-booked two fun things in one weekend. No, this was a mermaid's doing. They are underwater and cannot hear our land-bound, feeble attempts at planning anything. Not our mermaid, Marina, of course. She had nothing to do with picking this weekend, either. But I still hope some Tiki people will come on up for this. And if they do, guess what? The I-15 South is a straight shot to San Diego and Tiki Oasis!

Also, no one better think just because there are also fairies on this website, that Tangaroa-Ru is into that. Hurl.

But mermaids rock. And I'm doing a story on Marina for the Fall/Winter 2011 issue of Tiki Magazine, so there. Mermaid THIS!

[ Edited by: Tangaroa-Ru 2011-05-18 12:25 ]

[ Edited by: Tangaroa-Ru 2011-05-18 12:28 ]

It's gonna be HOT!!!

Bump!
Just a reminder to any of you needing a reason to visit Vegas in August. Yes, it will be hot. But that's why every hotel there has a pool. And a pool full of mermaids is especially hot. Especially if they eat fire. Hope to see some of you there...on the way to Tiki Oasis, of course. What a great way to get this party started.

On 2011-07-14 22:51, Tangaroa-Ru wrote:
Bump!
Just a reminder to any of you needing a reason to visit Vegas in August. Yes, it will be hot. But that's why every hotel there has a pool. And a pool full of mermaids is especially hot. Especially if they eat fire. . .

LOL!

How was it?

Pages: 1 5 replies