Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tepco – El Cerrito’s contribution to the world of Tiki

Pages: 1 6 replies

The El Cerrito Historical Society presents:
Tepco – El Cerrito’s contribution to the world of Tiki and ceramics

Sunday, June 5, 2011 1:30 p.m.

This event is free to the public. Refreshments will be served

An illustrated talk by Lynn Maack and Sandi Genser-Maack, collectors of Tepco pottery.

The Technical Porcelain and China Ware Co., founded in El Cerrito in 1918 by John Pagliero, produced dinnerware in a variety of wonderful patterns, from cowboy to Tiki – and much else besides. TEPCO pieces are highly sought after today for their beauty and many are still in daily use, often in restaurants.

El Cerrito Senior Center, 6500 Stockton Avenue, behind the library, El Cerrito
For information, Dave Weinstein, [email protected].
Wheelchair accessible. No need to RSVP!

Cool - and in my town of residence too! I'll be there

Trad'r Bill

I had a good time at the presentation today - those TEPCO collectors are no joke!

Here's some pics:

It was standing-room only - at least 100 people:

The main presenter was a savvy collector - this is not her :)

They had a cool (small) display with a good proportion of tiki stuff. Definitely a couple of these I haven't seen before:

It sure makes me want to finally go visit TEPCO beach at Point Isabel, which is just a few minutes from my house. This is where the factory dumped their error, or otherwise unusable stock ** from over 50 years ago!**

Enjoy,
Trad'r Bill

Hey there,
My name is Susan, I'm a student studding at UC Berkeley,
My archaeology class is studding assemblages from the dump cite there and all of the artifacts in my assemblage thus far have been TEPCO produced for Trader Vic's, I've been able to identify them on page 59 of the TEPCO catalog, however, There is one that has me stumped, would anyone here know what ceramic these pieces belong to?
Thanks so much for your help!
-Susan

G
GROG posted on Sun, Apr 27, 2014 6:44 PM

On 2014-04-27 18:30, sssuuusssaaannn wrote:
Hey there,
My archaeology class is studding assemblages from the dump cite there and all of the artifacts in my assemblage thus far have been TEPCO produced for Trader Vic's, I've been able to identify them on page 59 of the TEPCO catalog, however, There is one that has me stumped, would anyone here know what ceramic these pieces belong to?
-Susan

studding---should be spelled STUDYING.

cite------should be spelled SITE.

-------**THE SPELLING POLICE ** :D

There are a few grammar errors also, but that's in the GRAMMAR POLICE's jurisdiction. :D

Can't help you with the mug identification, but hopefully somebody else can. Welcome to Tiki Central, and good luck with your studies.

FM

I wish I could help out a fellow Bear, Susan, but I have no clue. Good luck with that project, I would love to see what you guys come up with.

T

On 2014-04-27 18:44, GROG wrote:

On 2014-04-27 18:30, sssuuusssaaannn wrote:
Hey there,
-Susan

studding---should be spelled STUDYING.

cite------should be spelled SITE.

-------**THE SPELLING POLICE ** :D

There are a few grammar errors also, but that's in the GRAMMAR POLICE's jurisdiction. :D

Can't help you with the mug identification, but hopefully somebody else can. Welcome to Tiki Central, and good luck with your studies.

sssuuusssaaannn Made two more posts after this one and is MIA as of this day.

Pages: 1 6 replies