Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Cocktail Home at Santa Anita Mall

Pages: 1 2 replies

I frequently end up at the mall with my three-year-old and yesterday I noticed a new store across from the Merry-Go-Round in the center of the complex. It's Cocktail Home, a store devoted to shakers, jiggers, barware and mixers of all varieties. Some good stuff there, including Fee Brothers brand bitters.

I had a nice discussion with Daniel, the owner.

When I said I was into Tiki, he mentioned that he was familiar with the Tiki Ti, but he didn't seem to know about the breadth and depth of the Tiki scene in California. I encouraged him to check out Beachbum Berry's books and Trader Tiki's syrups and (although he had a few surfing wahine mugs on the shelf) to check out all the mugmakers & mug manufacturers that you come across on TC.

He was such a nice guy and we had such a nice conversation (when I wasn't chasing Joe down so he wouldn't break the glassware) that I told him I'd give him a plug on TC. He's only been open 3 weeks, but feel free to stop by and chat and let him know what kinds of products you're interested in.

He's started a website here:

http://www.cocktailhomestore.com

Thanks for the heads up Tom! Although I'm usually at Santa Anita for the races :) I'll definitely have to make a trip over and checkout the store.

Also, since you're in the area, checkout the Pink Plum on Colorado for some great Hawaiiana. I've come across some pretty cool items from there.

Ahh...The Pink Plum! I was just in there a couple of days ago and picked up a Martin Denny album. Definitely a good spot.

Pages: 1 2 replies