a double rocks glass aint gonna holt this:

1.5 oz El Dorado 5 year old
.5 oz Appleton V/X
.5 oz St. James Ambre
.25 oz Lemon Hart 151
2/3 oz orgeat
2/3 oz orange curacao
the juice of 1.5 key limes

add the remaining (unspent) half lime to the glass, pour in 2 to 2.5 cups of ice, stir up good, drank up!

On 2011-05-24 22:21, thePorpoise wrote:
a double rocks glass aint gonna holt this:

1.5 oz El Dorado 5 year old
.5 oz Appleton V/X
.5 oz St. James Ambre
.25 oz Lemon Hart 151
2/3 oz orgeat
2/3 oz orange curacao
the juice of 1.5 key limes

add the remaining (unspent) half lime to the glass, pour in 2 to 2.5 cups of ice, stir up good, drank up!

How many did you have before you posted this? :D
Where in the hell do you get 2/3oz jiggers?

Whipped up something similar last week (or was it two??) after the drier mai tai thread came out. I also used ElDo 5 (where is my Lemon Hart?!?!?) and St James Hors d'age and homemade orgeat. I happened to find ripe key limes here in NorCal. First time ever. Really good, but after two, I don't care what kind of rum goes in 'em anymore. In fact, I'm done putting the top shelf rum in my mai tais. Nobody 'round here can tell the difference anyhow. :cry:

[ Edited by: jingleheimerschmidt 2011-05-25 09:49 ]

I bet the ED12 would go better with that high end St James. I had a heck of a time even finding the ED5 around here, nobody carries the low end El Dorados; i wanted it for mixing up some of the drinks on the El Dorado website that seemed like otherwise would be a waste to try out with the smoother 12 yo.

Where in the hell do you get 2/3oz jiggers?

heh- you could use one tablespoon and one teaspoon, or do what i do and just aim the pour in your measuring glass between the 1/2 and 1 oz marks...

How many did you have before you posted this?

aint that the truth! (~~)

I keep discovering a new "go to" mai tai rum combination on my second or third mai tai of a mixing session.

This is the biggest (and one of the best) Mai Tais I have ever mixed.
It is the Beachbum Berry $100 Mai Tai scaled up to one gallon size.

On 2011-05-31 05:47, captnkirk wrote:
This is the biggest (and one of the best) Mai Tais I have ever mixed.
It is the Beachbum Berry $100 Mai Tai scaled up to one gallon size.

What?!?! No mint?! :D

that's a mighty mai tai!

I inadvertently came up with another MegaloMaiTai tonite--

made a Spievak zombie, which is too damn tart (seriously, how did you people drink this for so long?), and decided to add an oz. of orgeat and an oz. of orange curacao = another MegaloMaiTai!

Pages: 1 5 replies