Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

THOR's SUMMER SPECIAL POSTERS..featuring Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid! New added!

Pages: 1 11 replies

T

Hey all...

I have had this painting unfinished for a while and have wanted to get it done and do a special "poster" series for now. I am planning to do this with certain pieces as a change or option to sell some really high quality images with a more fun poster feel. It's less formal than the rest of my series editions but special in it's own way. This painting features "Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid" in a little story under the sea. It takes place under an old dock that once sat just off the coast of Waikiki.
There was said to be a mysterious Tiki once carved benieth the sea from the wood of one of the docks salty pylons. Here we see "Marina", with the help of a rum running octopus sipping a Mai Tai that is sealed by cork in a glistening fish float. She ponders her Hawaiian beach buzz as the moon sits lazily behind Diamond Head above and the Tiki blushes in her company.
I titled this painting, "MAI TIDE" and features a reference to Marina's incredible Pod of performers, "Medusirena". Also here is a "poster version" of the image used at Tiki Oasis 2010...graphically changed to support the Medusirena Pod in Florida and Marina. Prints are 36" long (BIG) by about 14" wide aprox. SUPER nice prints!!

I will be offering these posters at a HUGE 24" by 36" size! These things REALLY POP and glow when in a dark frame. SUPER rich finish on thick acid free semi-gloss paper..colors are VERY vibrant and detailed. The quality is really sweet. These will be available through Mainland sources ONLY for now. Poster Price is $50.00 from NOW through Tiki Oasis only. I am happy to sign them and or dedicate on back.

So, this is one "shell" of a deal for signed art by BOTH artist and subject. More places of availability to be announced. Stay posted and contact me directly here on Personal Message if interested in ordering now. I can ship them to you for additional $6.00 ($50.00 signed and shipped price is due to our shipping costs to get the orders to both of us to sign). Posters are available "unsigned" for $40.00 plus shipping...we will sign these if you bring them to events, no charge. ALOHA and looking forward to seeing friends this summer!

![](https://tikicentral.com/uploads/1900/4ddee561.jpg)

![](https://tikicentral.com/uploads/1900/4de8c2eb.jpg)

[ Edited by: THOR's  2011-06-03 04:20 ]
T
THOR's posted on Fri, Jun 3, 2011 7:36 AM

Just added Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid Banner Poster version! Thanks for the orders! Go to Tabooisland.com for the limited edition giclee print of this made for Tiki Oasis 2010. This is a poster verion here promoting the Meduserina pod and Marina~~ See above

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jun 3, 2011 9:42 AM

Very nice, Thor-dude! Now can Thor paint GROG' drawing of mermaid with moai?

T

Earnesto!! You got it..
! How bout I do that for the Tonga Hut show in July? Blacklight version!

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jun 3, 2011 10:46 AM

What's the Black Light version? Does it glow when you turn the black light on?

T

I have to show yah E!! U have any time to meet at Tonga next week? I will bring a couple samples...and the paintig too!! Haaaa U gotta see this to understand... the light is self contained...the images are only fully visible when the light is on....and they are garanteed to take you into an other place!! ~~

[ Edited by: THOR's 2011-06-03 11:31 ]

G
GROG posted on Fri, Jun 3, 2011 1:52 PM

Sounds good. Let's meet at Tonga Hut next week then.

Please do...

T
THOR's posted on Mon, Jun 6, 2011 3:07 PM

What eve is good for you guys?? Ernesto and Kelly!!! It will be grest to see yah!!

I'm mixing Fri-Sunday ?

T

I will leave it up to Grogster's schedule!! Will bring some black light experiments

YUMMY!

Pages: 1 11 replies