Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

My New Uke

Pages: 1 7 replies

C

so on a cold and rainy saturday I was a little bored... I trooped down to the local music store and came face to face with a stunning Ukelele... I had to have it. lovely flamed maple body (top sides and back), abalone inlays, rosewood neck... stunning.

brought it home and have been having a ball learning some new tunes. Doesnt come toooo hard as I'm a guitar player, but there are still a few challenges. Fun though. Just had to share this lovely instrument.

E

That is sweet, and I can really relate as I recently replaced my starter uke with something more serious, check it out:

This is a Big island koa soprano, with tortoise (fake of course, we don't want to kill any honu for my esthetic pleasure) and rope binding. Came with Aquila strings in a nice hard case with digital tuner. It's sheer love, man, sounds SO good.

E

On 2011-06-02 17:18, Phillip Roberts wrote:
Aloha,

You can always make your own out of lego

Abomination, abomination!

Just kidding - my son would love that. :)

Beautiful uke! I just pulled my 1975 Kamaka out of the closet. I guess its time to restring it and get some enjoyment out of it at the tiki bar.

E

On 2011-06-03 13:38, Trailerpark Tiki wrote:
Beautiful uke! I just pulled my 1975 Kamaka out of the closet. I guess its time to restring it and get some enjoyment out of it at the tiki bar.

Yep, never let your uke languish, pining to be played. I did that with my old Mexican nylon guitar which had belonged to the deceased dad of a friend, and it started mysteriously removing itself from its stand in the middle of the night and leaning up against the wall.

I'm not kidding! Hmm, maybe some musical ghost stories are due?...

Menehunes have been known to pick up ukuleles and have a party while the family sleeps. They are sneaky little buggahs.

[ Edited by: Trailerpark Tiki 2011-06-06 18:36 ]

E

On 2011-06-06 18:36, Trailerpark Tiki wrote:
Menehunes have been known to pick up ukuleles and have a party while the family sleeps. They are sneaky little buggahs.

[ Edited by: Trailerpark Tiki 2011-06-06 18:36 ]

This makes total sense to me.

Pages: 1 7 replies