Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA Performances at Hukilau !

Pages: 1 15 replies

T

Aloha to all those attending Hukilau :

TIKIYAKI AIRWAYS ANNOUNCES FLIGHT 151 - ONE WAY FLIGHT TO PARADISE ,THURSDAY NIGHT, JUNE 9th TAKING OFF FROM THE BAHIA CABANA POOLSIDE RUNWAY, AND SECOND COMMUTER FLIGHT SATURDAY NIGHT AT THE MAI KAI IN THE SAMOA ROOM.

Cap't Lush will be your pilot for the evening as we take off for paradise.

Joining us on our exotic journey Thursday night will be MARINA THE FIRE EATING MERMAID.

For those of you who have never seen us, our performances with Marina are always extra special,and the Bahia Cabana Poolside setting is just perfect for an evening of Exotica and firebreathing mermaids.
We also will be having the distinction of having special guest "Kanekila" TJ Weger on steel guitar, who performed with us at our last Hukilau performance in 2008. The Samoa Room at the Mai Kai is in the back of the restaurant, with a beatiful view of the Mai Kai Gardens.This is a VERY small room, so make sure you get there early and get a seat.

Aloha, Baby ! See you all there !

K

I'll be heading down to the Bahia Cabana a week from now with steel guitar in tow... can't wait to take the stage with Jim and Tikiyaki Orchestra.

Aloha, y'all!
Kanekila

wish I could be there guys,
have a great weekend of shows.

Jeff(btd)

O

Looking forward to hearing you guys live!

MH
Mr. Ho posted on Tue, Jun 7, 2011 9:17 PM

is there going to be tikiyakitori served during the show? i like meat with my tiki music.

mr. ho

T

you want MEAT huh ?

T
TikiG posted on Tue, Jun 7, 2011 11:50 PM

Have a great time in Florida guys (pretty much a given isn't it?)...wish I could be there too...

W

Wish I could be there, TO gonna blow the lid off! Can't wait for July to order the new CD.

Knock em' out guys!

Lot's of pictures please!!!

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jun 8, 2011 9:20 AM

On 2011-06-08 08:26, RevBambooBen wrote:
Lot's of pictures please!!!

Of Marina!

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ Edited by: GROG 2011-06-08 09:21 ]

K

Had a blast playing with T.O. A little cramped in the Samoa/Tahiti rooms, but wow -- what a crowd and what a great time! The extended Bali-Hai Ball was a treat, and the Quiet Village finish was fantastic. Thanks to Jim, Brian, Marty, JP, Eddie and Gus for the hospitality and making me feel welcome in trying to fill Gary's giant shoes.

The Thursday night pool party show with Marina was incredible. The sound was just about perfect (mahalos to Louis and Brian), and Marina was amazing as always.

Mahalo to all of you!
Kanekila

Kanekila

[ Edited by: Kanekila 2011-06-13 08:48 ]

T

Special bulletin for GROG:

Tikiyaki Airways Flight 151, piloted by Capt Marty Lush, executed a near-perfect water landing on the return leg last Thursday night at the Bahia Cabana pool. Here you can see the heroic Capt Lush rushing to the aid of a surprised Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid...

Reassured by the Tikiyaki flight crew, Marina is now smiling and ready to eat some fire...

Looking back on us mere mortals after completing her amazing performance...

Thank you to Jim Bacchi, Marty, and the entire cast of the Tikiyaki Orchestra, as well as Marina, for a fantastic opening evening at Hukilau 2011... a major disappointment was the very limited space that precluded entry for the Saturday night Mai-Kai performance...

-Tom

P

a major disappointment was the very limited space that precluded entry for the Saturday night Mai-Kai performance...

There was tons of room in Samoa to sit and listen to the performance. That's where we spent most of our night.

Loved Saturday night's performance. It was an absolute blast!

G
GROG posted on Tue, Jun 14, 2011 2:34 PM

Thanks TikiTomD. :D

Really great performances both Friday and Saturday! Great meeting you too!

Looking forward to the day I finally see a Tikiyaki performance! Bet it was superb!

Pages: 1 15 replies