Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Bamboo Fabric Backdrop

Pages: 1 9 replies

I have looked previously and always had trouble finding a bamboo print like this. Maybe someone else is looking for something like this for their home tiki bar, curtains maybe?

This is being sold by Group Publishing for their PandaMania themed Vacation Bible School so it is available for a limited time only. 8x30 feet, hemmed all the way around for $60. Polyester and a bit on the thin side, it could always be lined if needed. Here's a link:

http://store.grouppublishing.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpItmDspRte.jsp?item=3093188§ion=23405

Thanks for the post MDM! I actually have been looking for something like this to act as a curtain to hide the storage area that leads into my tiki bar. (This would work well because my tiki room is on one end of the hall, and my wifes' panda stuff will be at the other end.)

Question though (as it seems you've seen the actual fabric):

How thin a fabric are we talking here? Would i have to line it if i were using it as a sort of "utility curtain"?

Or does anyone else have a line on a good bamboo fabric/curtain?

SF, it is a woven fabric, not knit. It is fairly thin but I'm not sure how to quantify that or what to compare it to. It's not like cheesecloth or anything like that, more like an inexpensive cotton fabric (maybe it is cotton, do they make woven polyester). If it were hanging across a window unlined it would let in substantial light but it would probably work just fine to hang across a storage area.

I took a chance and just received my fabric last night. You're right...it IS thin. But I think it will still work for my purposes.

I'll post a photo once it's up (but that could take months...). Thanks again for the lead MDM!

[ Edited by: Slacks Ferret 2011-06-18 08:21 ]

You're most welcome my furry ferret friend :) Hope it works out well for you.

B
Bonj posted on Sat, Jun 18, 2011 4:15 PM

I found this website a couple of days ago. They do custom printed fabric in different weights. Some suitable for curtains, some for t-shirts, others for lingerie. This link brings up their tiki fabric designs. You can also sign up and have your own designs printed. I haven't used them yet, but my sister has and seems happy with them for children's clothes.

http://www.spoonflower.com/tags/tiki

A search for bamboo yields some interesting results too.

Bonj, I've designed a couple of fabrics and ordered them from that website. One of TC's amazing artist, Sophista-Tiki, has several tiki designs there. Their fabrics are a bit pricey though, I think the least expensive fabric is $18 a yard.

I'm just finding this now. Spoonflower fabrics ARE more expensive than you would get at the local fabric mart, BUT are in the same range if you were to shop at a better fabric boutique. The quality is very good , all fabrics are organic cotton in weights from quilting to upholstery. They also use environmentaly responsible printing . It's print on demand and you can get as much or as little as you want of any design. Currently I have 200 tiki, tapa,polynesian/pacifica fabrics to choose from. I have used Spoonflower to design and produce a number of custom fabrics for events, bars, and bands.

a little PS FYI . it takes 2 yards to make a shirt up to size XL
Go pick out some cool fabric and have Kiki or Fashion Tramp make you something custom.
http://www.spoonflower.com/spelunks?view=designers&q=+++Dawn+Frasier+&commit=Search

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2011-08-02 18:15 ]

Got the fabric divided into curtains and hung it last week:

I'm very pleased with the result. Mahalo for the tip MDM!

You're welcome Ferret, glad I could help :) Looks great there.

Pages: 1 9 replies