Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Mug Collectors Facebook Page!

Pages: 1 15 replies

Greetings Tiki Central! I wanted to announce the creation of what will become THE ULTIMATE TIKI MUG COLLECTORS Facebook Community Web Page. My name is Mike Gangi and I am an avid collector of Tiki from Madeira Beach, Florida. It's become a part of my lifestyle and I wanted to build a community focused on the good times and cheer that TIKI CAN BRING! If you have a Facebook account, please visit the site and join! I will be looking for some other people to help with the admin part of the site in the future as it grows. If you are interested just drop me a line! My plan is to include cool tiki events, pictures submitted by fans, post a "trade your mug" page, promote upcoming tiki artists, musicians, and movements and add anything else tiki related! Hope to see you there! The site is:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Tiki-Mug-Collectors/126655444033756

Z

I am sure that there will be a lot of people in the forum who will be interested in facebook app development and to sign up on the “Tiki Mug Collectors Facebook Page”!! I am sure we’ll get a lot more people in facebook and it will be a wonderful platform for people interested in Tiki to meet and interact with each other!!

[ Edited by: Zachary 2011-08-04 21:14 ]

More on that here in this already existing thread:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=40320&forum=5

And as I mentioned before: Tiki Central has become anemic enough already because of everybody flocking away to their own Facebook pages, their own "private Idaho", where they can better fashion their own personal internet experience. It is just so convenient, and quick, and rewarding as an instant gratification thing. I do it myself: When ever I create a big, labor-intensive post here I also put the link on my FB page - and Voila, I often get more replies to it there than here on TC. The fact is, today's human being has only so much time in the day to spend on the internet, so one site wins, the other looses. There is no "Like" button on Tiki Central.

There are some nice sections here on TC called "Collecting Tiki" and "Tiki Marketplace" where the same things have been shared for years. But alas, they are not as slick and as much a "social media", so TC is destined to slowly sink into a snow white slumber.

T

On 2011-07-28 08:55, bigbrotiki wrote:
More on that here in this already existing thread:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=40320&forum=5

And as I mentioned before: Tiki Central has become anemic enough already because of everybody flocking away to their own Facebook pages, their own "private Idaho", where they can better fashion their own personal internet experience. It is just so convenient, and quick, and rewarding as an instant gratification thing. I do it myself: When ever I create a big, labor-intensive post here I also put the link on my FB page - and Voila, I often get more replies to it there than here on TC. The fact is, today's human being has only so much time in the day to spend on the internet, so one site wins, the other looses. There is no "Like" button on Tiki Central.

There are some nice sections here on TC called "Collecting Tiki" and "Tiki Marketplace" where the same things have been shared for years. But alas, they are not as slick and as much a "social media", so TC is destined to slowly sink into a snow white slumber.

Hopefully not....perhaps we should start a Tiki Central Facebook page...and people can just post a link to the topic of their choice in the status so people get a "headline" of sorts...I don't know, I'd hate to see TC go by the way of the do-do bird because of advancing technology....Pretty much my entire network of friends these days I met because of TC.

T

I don't have a "MyFace" or "Spacebook" page, nor do I follow anyone else's, though I may glance at one if someone drops a link and don't have their page restricted. I find that many people just assume you're a member, just like they ask for your cell phone number even though you might not own one. As for Tiki stuff, why would I go anywhere else? Tiki Central pretty much says it all.

Bear

{edited yet again because I can't seem to be able to spell correctly today}

[ Edited by: Brudda Bear 2011-07-28 13:46 ]

TS

^ what bear said, except for me is in reverse a bit.
I do not have, nor carry a celphone. My main reason is that I see it as a distraction, and ultimately takes over one's life completely. I do have Facebook and no longer regularly use myspace. I had to follow the "herd migration" in order to keep up with events and such. I was content with myspace, but recently logged into it and was amazed how "cluttered" they have made it. Regardless, I still keep all of my "social network" pages in case someone finds me or contacts me via message/email.

As for the titled topic, I personally do not think ooga mooga nor tiki central needs smaller condensed versions of the same styled criteria on social networking platforms.

The information supplied here is by far the first, and no doubtedly the best on the net, so why dilute interspace with an inferior copycat? Like I said, its my personal feeling, and I most likely will stick to the two sites that I know will not lose focus or persuit of facts regarding tiki and tiki mugs.

[ Edited by: Tom Slick 2011-07-28 13:33 ]

On 2011-07-28 03:49, Zachary wrote:
I am sure that there will be a lot of people in the forum who will be interested to sign up on the “Tiki Mug Collectors Facebook Page”!! I am sure we’ll get a lot more people in facebook and it will be a wonderful platform for people interested in Tiki to meet and interact with each other!!

Aloha, Zachary.
Nice first post.

On 2011-06-11 19:08, TikiMugCollectors wrote:
Greetings Tiki Central! I wanted to announce the creation of what will become THE ULTIMATE TIKI MUG COLLECTORS Facebook Community Web Page. My name is Mike Gangi and I am an avid collector of Tiki from Madeira Beach, Florida. It's become a part of my lifestyle and I wanted to build a community focused on the good times and cheer that TIKI CAN BRING! If you have a Facebook account, please visit the site and join! I will be looking for some other people to help with the admin part of the site in the future as it grows. If you are interested just drop me a line! My plan is to include cool tiki events, pictures submitted by fans, post a "trade your mug" page, promote upcoming tiki artists, musicians, and movements and add anything else tiki related! Hope to see you there! The site is:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Tiki-Mug-Collectors/126655444033756

This should be a good FB page.

Exactly Chris! Perfect to spend lots of time at! :D

Instead of a "like" tab can we create the "shaka" tab?

H

I’m really so excited to know about the new Ultimate Tiki Mug Collectors Facebook community web page. As Tiki has already become a part of our everyday life, the creation of a community will definitely boost up the cheers and the good times it gives us. And this is also going to a growing platform for all you guys out there who are interested in Tiki, to interact with each other and share your views.

J

This exists already, it's called Tiki Central.

but but but JP,
if I can't click the "like Button"
I don't feel complete.
:roll:

Jeff(btd)

My tiki mug collection needs are fulfilled through Tiki Central and Ooga Mooga
http://www.ooga-mooga.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?

Ooga Mooga brings the most complete and complex data base one needs. Ooga Mooga has thousands of mug templates, photos and information on tiki mugs and it is free to research and can be use on mobile phones. Created by Humuhumu, with research and templates by Humuhumu, Tiki-Kate and now with Dr. Tom Morgan(Trader Tom) who in 3 months has made several hundred templates making the Ooga Mooga site once again restored. FB is not conditioned to handle this amount or kind of information. I think Facebook is fine if your objective is to market the mug your selling or say "look what I obtained please hit the like button or comment so I feel complete in life". Again, mug information is availible right here in TC by members who are more quified in most cases to discuss them with you. In reality FB offers no pratical use outside of marketing or just a fun button. I myself have photos of a few of my mugs posted in my own personal FB albums, nothing wrong with that it's fun, I understand. I might add there is already a FB page for Tiki Mugs created, I did join it over a year or more ago. Doubles and repeats are so confusing.

A great idea, but it would take people away from TC and Ooga Mooga which all we really need!

Pages: 1 15 replies