Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Humu Misses You Impromptu L.A. Tiki Tour - Sunday June 19

Pages: 1 12 replies

I've been missing Los Angeles, and its people, and its tiki, and I want to SOAK IT ALL UP! I have some catching up to do, so I'm cramming a bunch of fun tiki stops into one day.

Rough estimates:
2pm - Purple Orchid, El Segundo
4pm - Trader Vic's Lounge, Beverly Hills
6pm - Tiki No, North Hollywood
8pm - Tonga Hut, North Hollywood

But wait! WHERE IS THE MOST BELOVED OF THEM ALL, TIKI-TI? Silly goose, Tiki-Ti isn't open on Sundays. I'm staying in town long enough to spend a nice, leisurely evening at Tiki-Ti on Wednesday, just like old times, and I'd love to see you then, too.

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=209648212408011

HT

Do not forget the most exotic and actual TIKI BAR in Southern California with the best variety of Drinks and the best food. DON THE BEACHCOMBER in Huntington Beach, Ca.

H

The Sunday tour is sticking to west L.A. county spots, since they're all nice & clustered.

I've been to Sam's/Kona/DtB plenny o' times! I'll be down that way later in my trip, and I'm trying to squeeze it in. Top on my list down in O.C. is Trader Sam's, tho.

I might recommend seeing about hitting Tonga Hut at 6pm instead of 8pm... Kelly works from 4-8 and the whole tiki vibe and cocktail menu may not be its very best after 8pm. Just a thought.

G
GROG posted on Sun, Jun 12, 2011 1:01 PM

GROG second that.

GROG looking forward to seeing Humu. GROG miss Humu.

[ Edited by: GROG 2011-06-12 13:02 ]

Just a Heads up Humu,
the Purple Orchid is celebrating its 10th anniversary on Sat. June 18th.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=40181&forum=17&14

Jeff(btd)

It would have been swell to make it for the Purple Orchid 10th Anniversary party on Saturday, but I have a commitment waaaaay on the other end of town that night. I'm looking forward to paying my respects the next day, though!

Thanks for the heads-up re: Kelly's schedule at Tonga Hut. I have a feeling we'll get our fill of Tiki No pretty quickly, and will make our way Tonga-ward in time to get some Kelly goodness.

Can't wait to see you guys!

(If you aren't already on the invite list for the FB event, feel free to add yourself.)

M

Don't you miss your friends in Las Vegas?? Hubert misses you!

P

You might consider doing Tonga Hut before Tiki No. Tonga Hut will be better when Kelly is mixing and she work until 8. Tiki No is nicely decorated but the drinks are just OK and will be the same OK whenever you get them. They are pretty close together, so you won't be going out of your way.

Just a suggestion. Hope to see you at Tonga Hut Sunday. I will not be able to make it to any of the others.

DZ

On 2011-06-17 20:14, PiPhiRho wrote:
You might consider doing Tonga Hut before Tiki No. Tonga Hut will be better when Kelly is mixing and she work until 8. Tiki No is nicely decorated but the drinks are just OK and will be the same OK whenever you get them. They are pretty close together, so you won't be going out of your way.

Just a suggestion. Hope to see you at Tonga Hut Sunday. I will not be able to make it to any of the others.

It appears that Kelly is off this Sunday, so...

CA

Wednesday ???

Here's the Tonga Hut part of yesterday's tour.
Earlier on in the evening....

...and later on.

Pages: 1 12 replies