Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Can you buy good Scotch (at a decent price) in New York?

Pages: 1 9 replies

my time to leave london is drawing near & soon i'll be back in the nyc area.

living here, i've developed an appreciation for a very peaty single malt whiskey called lagavulin. anyway, i was just wondering if i should stock up on a couple of bottles over here before moving back or if i needn't worry about it b/c it's easy to find & not exorbitantly priced.

i'm used to paying around 28 quid (roughly $40) for a bottle of lagavulin.

thanks in advance,
tiki chris

T

Lagavulin is readily available in Ontario for around the price you specify. If they have it here, they'll have it there I'm sure!

T

Lagavulin should be easily found in and around NY as it's pretty popular. I know it is in NJ.

Priced out of Hoboken, NJ look like it's a little more.

If you drink like me and mine you'd better make it a couple of cases.

On 2003-06-02 08:14, tikimug wrote:

Priced out of Hoboken, NJ look like it's a little more.

thanks tikimug! i didn't even think about sparrow having a website. odds are that sparrow would have been the first place i looked, since i'll most likely be moving back to hoboken.

i guess i'm buying some here in london before i head back.

thanks everybody else for your help too! cheers!
tiki chris

T

Glad I could help, also glad to have some new East Coast (US) Centralites! Intsead of all those West Coast hoity-toities! :wink:

[ Edited by: tikimug on 2003-06-02 11:56 ]

Don't forget to pick up a couple of bottles at the duty free Scotch shop at Heathrow! It must be cheaper there than anywhere else, given the high tax rate we pay on any booze in the UK.

Trader Woody

or you could nip over to france and pick up some whisky, its even cheaper than in duty free. Or "Oddbins" has that un-named single malts and one of them is "lagavulin" in disguise.

I prefer a nice bottle of "Highland Park" for sippin, it tastes like home.

its possible to buy everything here...but buy as much as you can to bring back....

Bloomberg is makin it impossible for any body to have any fun.

I love Lagavulin!

In NYC try "Astor Wines and Spirits", 12 Astor Place at Lafayette Street. I think I have bought it there.

Pages: 1 9 replies