Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Gallery

first carving! input appreciated!

Pages: 1 3 replies

Hey everyone! I have a few questions! how do i get that burnt look in certain areas do i use just a regular ol hand propane torch? and after i am finished do i need to seal the tiki with anything? on the small palm tree i just used a chainsaw it was fairly simple and alot of fun, for the big stump which is my second tiki i used an angle grinder but instead of a grinder i used a chainsaw attachment! i carved a bowl into the top and put a coconut basket in it so that i can put dirt in and grow a plant top! thought itd look cool! i need to stain? the face , sand the mouth,carve and maybe paint the teeth . and then add a little bit of burning to it around the nose and under the eyes and sugestions or input would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you Deemo!

Nice start, keep it up, look at details, make it your own brand

P

yeah man, burn in the recessed areas with a torch and then go back over it with a grinder or some sandpaper. And don't seal it if it's wet or you're just sealing moisture in & it'll rot for sure...

And be careful with that lancelot blade Make sure you use a guard if you like your fingers.

HJ

Man, you got some serious carving wood and a great start!

Have fun and please update now and then.

Pages: 1 3 replies