Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

4th Annual Texas Tiki Round-up Aug. 27th

Pages: 1 26 replies

K

Aloha!

Please save the date August 27th for the annual Texas Tiki Round-up in Austin at the Enchanted Lagoon. More info coming soon...

We're looking forward with great anticipation!

K

Aloha Texas Tikiphiles!

I hope everyone has saved August 27th for the 4th Annual Texas Tiki Round-up! Once again the tiki torches will flicker, the Leilani Volcanoes will flow, the music will mesmerize, the aloha wear will dazzle, the tiki room will coccoon and the lagoon will enchant.

Please join us Aug. 27th, 7:30pm-?
at the Enchanted Lagoon - in Austin
with musical guests The Thunderchiefs! They will rock your surf off! Check them out on MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/thethunderchiefs

Wear your vintage aloha shirts and tiki dresses. Bring your swimsuit if you'd like to dip in the lagoon. Bring your hula hoop if you're so inclined.

The A-frame tiki bar will be serving up a few of the past favorites, as well as a new concoction or two. Inside, grab some food downstairs and have a look at the mini art show featuring local tiki artist Crash's new work, a mixed-media undersea extravaganza. Then take your drink upstairs and enjoy the cool darkness and soothing strains of exotica in our Second Floor-a Bora Bora. (Scott K., if you come this year, there's a prize waiting for you!)

Fun tiki raffle prizes will once again be given away, but in a streamlined fashion so we can get back to drinking and dancing!

Like last year, if you want to bring a food or drink item to share, that would be awesome, but is not required. To help cover the costs of the band we are asking for a donation of $10/person. Thank you in advance for this. We cover the expenses for this party out of our pocket and don't make a profit. Paypal is set up if you don't want think about it that night. Just log into your Paypal account, select Send Money and enter this email: [email protected]. This isn't my regular email so please email me directly with any questions at [email protected].

Please RSVP here or PM or email me so that we can purchase food and drink appropriately.

Hope to see you all there!

Koitiki

[ Edited by: koitiki 2012-07-29 22:19 ]

C

Aloha!
Looks like we're finally going ti make it to this shindig this year. Looking forward to it!! :D

K

Yay! Can't wait to see y'all!

On 2011-07-23 16:00, croe67 wrote:
Aloha!
Looks like we're finally going ti make it to this shindig this year. Looking forward to it!! :D

K

Tiki Round-up update!

Cedar will once again be bringing hoops and her friend, Brooke Wilton is bringing some men's shirts he designs, some of which are reportedly tiki-licious.

Formica's still thinking about vending. If you want her to bring some of her cool stuff, drop her a line and maybe she can be persuaded. Anyone else want to vend?

Please keep your RSVP's coming. So excited to see everyone I've already heard from.

Did I mention we have tons of door prizes?

Did I mention Leilani Volcanoes?

And did I mention the THUNDERCHIEFS?!

Yahoo!

Hot DAMN I can't wait!!!!!
:)

Yay! The Markster and I will be there!! Can we do a more hedonistic theme...as in no clothes...cuz seriously I'm over the skin melting heat! No? Too soon? :) Will actually remember my bathing suit this year! That may help :) Can't wait!

I'm repeating my wardrobe decision from last year, I suspect:

a swimsuit (usually wet), with a pareo thrown over occasionally.
Then back in the water.

Best. Clothing. EVAR.
It might not have added to the partydress-decor thing, but it sure felt great!

My son, Ryan, is planning on making it, complete with another fire poi exhibition or two.

H

Aloha Texas Ohana & Welcome back to the mainland Koitiki
We can't wait to see everyone & once again, experience the best Luau ever!
Hulacat, Dobrolic & Menehune

K

On 2011-08-13 13:47, TxTikiGirl wrote:
Yay! The Markster and I will be there!! Can we do a more hedonistic theme...as in no clothes...cuz seriously I'm over the skin melting heat! No? Too soon? :) Will actually remember my bathing suit this year! That may help :) Can't wait!

Well TTG,
The one good thing about this dry heat is that the heat is dry. Therefore it's cooling off nicely at night. That being said, the lagoon has certainly seen a nekkid person or two. I'll let y'all decide on that one. Hehe.

Hulacat,
Mahalo for the welcome home. I have to say that mid 80's felt pretty damn good, but it's nice to be home with a tiki party to look forward to.

So psyched to see everyone! Don't forget to RSVP if you haven't already.

Yeah! I'll be there! Looking forward to it!

Hi Julie,

I got your email and now joined the Tiki forum!
Looking forward to playing some cool Tiki Tunes on
our ukuleles. Also, want me to bring my custom Tiki by Palm Tree Charlie...the Creature from the Black Lagoon?

[ Edited by: monsterjones 2011-08-19 08:32 ]

K

Looking forward to playing some cool Tiki Tunes on
our ukuleles. Also, want me to bring my custom Tiki by Palm Tree Charlie...the Creature from the Black Lagoon?

Well MJ let me think on that...Hells yeah you should bring him! I'll reserve a spot poolside. :)

I am also really looking forward to hearing you and the other ukelele ladies. Are other guys coming from the group? I've missed the last few get togethers and feel a little out of the loop. I have the best excuse ever for a uke group though. I was in Hawaii!

Looking forward to Saturday....my new (old) TIKI
shirt ebay score has shipped from south Austin
and arrive just in time. Ukes are tuned up.
I noticed Ms Cedar is bringing her hula hoops...
(she lives just down the street from me).

K

Rancho del Ray is on right now playing Hawaiian tunes in honor of the upcoming Round-up. Listen in at http://www.koop.org.

And yay for ukes! Feel free to bring yours Saturday if ya got one.

K

Hey folks! Get your last minute RSVP's in now to [email protected]. Buying rum tonight!

If you need the address, PM me and I will also post it here tomorrow and Saturday.

Can't wait for The Thunderchiefs to rock the Enchanted Lagoon!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUzsXvHVTjU

What to wear....
What to bring (to donate to the raffle).....
How many drinks to limit myself to (in order to keep from having a monstrous hangover)....

These are the thoughts running through my mind.

And they are happy thoughts!
WOO-HOOOO!

K

DJ Tropicana Joe will be spinning some tropical tunes again this year! Woohoo!

K

Aloha til then from the Enchanted Lagoon--------

[ Edited by: koitiki 2011-08-29 08:48 ]

Aloha Koitiki and everyone else!

Really looking forward to the luau tonight. I'll be mixing up a batch of the Royal Hawaiian concoction! Probably one of the few drinks that will be consumed this evening (besides beer) NOT featuring Rum, as the main ingredient is Gin!

Mahalo until this evening,

Dobrolic

[ Edited by: Dobrolic 2011-08-27 10:27 ]

[ Edited by: Dobrolic 2011-08-27 12:20 ]

Tiki-licious Party....super drinks, food, music and fun!
The Royal Hawaiian was a hit beverage, tho the other
drinks were outta dis world good too. The Thunderchiefs
were rockin', Crash's art was fantastic and hula hoops were a swinging. Great vibe,
very cool folks, made new friends ...Thanks so much, didn't get to sleep til' 3am.

:down: Dobrolic (or is it,"HulaTed", now?) swinging a hoop that needs some major real estate! :down:

:down: Kenike samples an offering from the 'Hooch Hut' :down:

:down: Monica and the Creature from the Enchanted Lagoon (made by Palm Tree Charlie, shared by Monsterjones)

:down: Meanwhile, upstairs in the 'tiki room'... :down:

Added some pics

K

Mahalo to everyone who joined us and especially to everyone that lent a helping hand. More mahalos and applause to those who entertained us- The Thunderchiefs, DJ Tropicana Joe and MonsterJones and Kathy. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did!

flamelessshirt.com

Aloha til next time!

[ Edited by: Koitiki 2012-07-16 20:06 ]

Pages: 1 26 replies