Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Deadliest Catch - After the Catch tikis

Pages: 1 7 replies

S

Not sure if anyone here watches the Discovery show Deadliest Catch. Part way through the season, Discovery adds a show called After the Catch where they have a round table discussion with captains and crew of the vessels. This season they are filming at The Shack Hawaii Kai. You can see many tikis in the background of the shots. If the links work, here is where they are filming, and a clip from the show.

http://www.shackhawaiikai.com/2011/05/17/the-shack-hawaii-kai-to-host-after-the-catch/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JXHnnDheA4

I love the Shack in Hawaii Kai....Amazing burgers. Thanx for posting this.

Aloha,

oh, thanks for pointing that out. I'll have to go out there and see if they are still there. I don't remember seeing them there before, so I hope they are not just props for the shoot.

There are also two in California (one in Playa Del Rey and another in Santa Monica), and one in Colorado (Littleton I think) in addition to the 4 Oahu, Hawaii locations. Been a customer of the Playa Del Rey location since the early 80s. Great burgers, 1/4 lb beef with a grilled butterflied Louisiana hot link (or Linguica) sausage. Mmm mmm mmm.

Bear

I saw that too.
Don't know why but I love that show.

On 2011-06-22 13:05, Brudda Bear wrote:
There are also two in California (one in Playa Del Rey and another in Santa Monica), and one in Colorado (Littleton I think) in addition to the 4 Oahu, Hawaii locations. Been a customer of the Playa Del Rey location since the early 80s. Great burgers, 1/4 lb beef with a grilled butterflied Louisiana hot link (or Linguica) sausage. Mmm mmm mmm.

Bear

Bear, that is the Shack's specialty.
A portion of every of their specialty burger is donated to charity.
I didn't know that when I am at the PDR location (below) I am sampling Hawaiian cuisine:

Aloha Phil (what up???),
The show came to our place to rent some of the bigger tikis, the Shack purchased pretty much all the accessories since ATC helped them tikified the place. It was good fun!
Here are the 2 largest tikis from the show:

Mahalo Nui Loa,
Tikimaster

Aloha J,

Thanks for the photos. Memories are history.

Pages: 1 7 replies