Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: Villa Lanai Tiki and Hula Bowls ends 6?26/11

Pages: 1 1 replies

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270768210098&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

This Tiki was installed in the waterfall room at the Villa Lanai in San Mateo Ca. The Villa Lanai was closed because the local fire dept.wanted it fire proofed. Since the inside was all bamboo and tapas the cost was prohibitive, so the owners decided to close the Lanai and the Chartier next door. I was at the auction when the Lanai was closed and bought many items. The tiki(pictured), all of the tables, several lamps, several Hula Bowls(pictured), Several chairs, and the giant clam shells set in the water fall. Biding for the Tiki will start at $1500. The Hula Bowlsat $200 each. The bowls are still in the original boxes and packing material. The table tops start at $200 each. The clams shells, which are vary rare, at $1000 each. I have listed some of the items in the past and found people doubted the authenticity. That is their loss. I lived about one mile from the Lanai and went there literally 100s of times. It was the place to go. My mother even worked there for a time taking memory photos for patrons. I helped to build the new Lanai on Norfolk Street in San Mateo. My freind Mitch Hockey was the owner of the new Lanai. Well I could go one forever about the Tropical Sceen behind the bar. The great drinks and food(although the foor was not that good), the good times I and my freinds had. I can pass this along to those interested. One Mia Tai and my tounge loosens right up. Thanx BB

[ Edited by: The Real Deal 2011-06-23 18:44 ]

[ Edited by: The Real Deal 2011-06-23 18:48 ]

It is my pleasure to vouch for the items that The Real Deal has for sale from the Villa Lanai in California. Today we received the bowl we purchased and it is as he told me. Mint and in the original box. He grew up in the area and went with his family many times to the Lanai, lucky guy. When it closed and they had an auction he was able to purchase tikis (see the one on eBay right now) and other wonderful items.

This is such an opportunity to have one of the best vintage bowls as new as the day it was made. He is also only charging we tiki collectors $200 plus shipping. For us to have it come within 24 hours from the bay area to the Sacramento area it was $35.57. He is willing to ship it however you want.

We are super thrilled with our bowl. I hope people on TC will snatch the few he has left for your collections. Sincerely and Cheers, Wendy - danlovestikis

Pages: 1 1 replies