Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Dr. Zarkov's Tiki Lounge 6-22-11 Summer Theme Show Playlist

Pages: 1 0 replies

This week’s show was a celebration of the season of summer and all its variegated delights. Next week will continue with a focus on Americana in honor of Independence Day.

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge can be heard every Wednesday from 5 to 6 p.m. Eastern Time on the Internet at: http://www.radiofairfax.org Unfortunately, this show is only broadcast live; there are no recorded shows archived that you can listen to. However, some fans do record the show’s live broadcasts on their computers to listen to in the future.

Radio Fairfax now can be heard on Tune In Radio via the Web at tunein.com. It is also can be heard or streamed on your smartphones, including Apple, Blackberry, Android and other supported phones. You must download the tunein app for your smartphone in order to stream Radio Fairfax from your phone or mobile device. It also is available on Roku and Google TV for those who want to stream with those devices. The Radio Fairfax page is available at the following link: http://tunein.com/radio/Radio-Fairfax-s24818/

Dr. Zarkov’s Tiki Lounge Playlist: June 22, 2011

1. “I Want to Dream by the Old Mill Stream” the 1931 version by King Nawahi’s Hawaiians from the CD: From Honolulu to Hollywood – Jazz, Blues & Popular Specialties Performed Hawaiian Style.

2. “Magnolia” the 1927 recording by Johnny Marvin from the CD Box Set: With My Little Ukulele in My Hand.

3. “E Hele Ana E” by HAPA from their CD: In The Name of Love. The lyrics in Hawaiian refer to going to beach and “gathering delicacies by the sea”.

4. “Hana by the Bay” by the Hula Honeys from their CD: Girl Talk.

5. “Roger That” by The Sweater Set from their CD: Surprise Visit.

6. “Twee-Twee-Tweet” from the collection: Cab Calloway & His Orchestra -- Volume 2 -- 1938-1939 With Dizzy Gillespie on Trumpet and Cozy Cole on Drums.

7. “Laguna” the 1945 song by Slim Gaillard from the CD Box Set: Laughing in Rhythm.

8. “This Cat's on a Hot Tin Roof” by The Brian Setzer Orchestra from their CD: The Dirty Boogie.

9. “A Flash of Green” by Pollo Del Mar from the anthology: Big Waves – Five Decades of Surf Rock.

10. “It's Sand, Man!” by Jon Hendricks and the All-Stars from the CD: Boppin’ at the Blue Note, With Wynton Marsalis on Trumpet; Al Grey on Trombone; Red Holloway on Alto Sax; Benny Golson on Tenor Sax; Ugonna Okegwa on Bass; Andy Watson on Drums; Renato Chico on Piano; Mark Elf onGuitar; and on Vocals: Jon Hendricks, Michele Hendricks, Judith Hendricks, Aria Hendricks, Kevin Burke and Wynton Marsalis.

11. “Memphis in June” Johnny Mercer’s 1952 vocal version of the Hoagy Carmichael song, accompanied by Billy May and His Orchestra from the collection: Billy’s Best.

12. “Blues on the Beach” by the U.K. band, The Jazz Renegades, from their CD: Freedom Samba.

13. “There Ain't No Flies on Me,” the 1950 song By Hot Lips Page & His Orchestra, With Hot Lips Page & Janie Mickens on Vocals, and with Hot Lips Page on Trumpet & Vincent Bair-Bey on Alto Sax, from the CD: Jump for Joy!

14. “Too Darn Hot” the Cole Porter tune From the 1948 Broadway Musical: Kiss Me Kate, taken from the 1966 recording: Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Cole Porter Songbook, with Buddy Bregman’s Orchestra.

15. “Wade in the Water” by Cyrus Chestnut from his CD: Spirit.

16. “The Summer Wind” the classic song composed by Johnny Mercer, Henry Mayer & Hans Bradlee, performed by Madeleine Peyroux from her CD: Half the Perfect World.

[ Edited by: Dr. Zarkov 2011-06-25 05:15 ]

Pages: 1 0 replies