Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

More FREE surf music in Santa Cruz, June 3rd

Pages: 1 2 replies

B

Chongolio and I are trying to help bring more surf bands to Santa Cruz by supporting our friends, The Sub-Mersians. They will be putting on another free show this Tuesday at 9pm at the Seabright Brewery. We'd like to see some of you Bay Area folks at the show, so I'll bring at least 10 of our Tiki neck charms for whomever shows up. C'mon Hanford, you need a break sometime...I'll even drive you over the hill.

Here's the cool flyer Chongolio created:

Chongolio graciously invited me over for cocktails on the "Lost-Isle" before the last show. I must say, his place had a TiPSY Factor of 5, with Tiki throughout(not just in one corner). He's quite talented that Chongolio, as at least half of his decor, he created himself.

Hope to see you at the show.

M

Ahhh...man I wish I could come. I've got good memories of Neighbor Night. Rebecca (the wife, Boo Loo, etc.) lived right across the street from Seabright on Murray while we were in college at UCSC. Nice brewpub...good times.... sniff Excuse me...there's something in my eye...sniff

Have a great time & keep up the good work for Santa Cruz....

-martin

[ Edited by: martiki6 on 2003-06-02 11:48 ]

C

Thanks for the kind words Bamzeno! It was cool to get together again last Tuesday for some reverberation. The show was fun and people were definately enjoyin the tunes. It was a pleasure to meet your lovely wife Karmentiki (haha)
Martiki more shows are comin up so we will keep postin the dates. I just wish we had a Tiki bar here in S.C. where bands could play.
Chongolio
Chongolio

Pages: 1 2 replies