Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Caribbean Club Limbo Drummer Rum

Pages: 1 5 replies

Has anyone ever tried this rum or seen it anywhere? I found it at a liquor store in Northern NJ but didn't buy it because I didn't want to take the chance that it was horrible. The bottle is quite interesting though which is really what made me want to get it in the first place. It's painted and made to look like an islander. Any info anyone could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

On 2011-06-26 18:40, PurpleXombie wrote:
Has anyone ever tried this rum or seen it anywhere? I found it at a liquor store in Northern NJ but didn't buy it because I didn't want to take the chance that it was horrible. The bottle is quite interesting though which is really what made me want to get it in the first place. It's painted and made to look like an islander. Any info anyone could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Based upon my experience with similarly packaged tequilas.....STAY AWAY! It looks like a headache in a bottle. Good booze shouldn't rely on gimmicky marketing

Yeah that's what I figured. It was also kind of cheap at $20 a bottle which I'm not sure is a good or bad thing. Although they also had the Capel Pisco Moai which I have read good things about.

The Capel Pisco is really good. I don't know about the rum, but the general principal of avoiding anything in a novelty bottle is a good one!

That's what I figured. I am glad I decided to forgo that Caribbean Club. Now I just have to go back and get the Pisco!

On 2011-06-29 10:58, PurpleXombie wrote:
That's what I figured. I am glad I decided to forgo that Caribbean Club. Now I just have to go back and get the Pisco!

don't forget the lemons, too

Pages: 1 5 replies