Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Converted Shed into Tiki Heaven (Almost)

Pages: 1 5 replies

T
Tasco posted on Mon, Jun 27, 2011 7:41 PM

I do this believe this is my first topic but at least its a good one. I'm in the process of turning my shed into a little slice of Tiki. Its going pretty good so far but i have so much stuff I need to find a new place for. But for now I am happy about the out come. By the way, the pics just show what two days worth of work has done.

Here is the view you come when you walk towards the shed.

As soon as you turn into the shed this is what greats you.

Picture of my Tiki bar. Bought it for 50 bucks. A tad to much if you as me for a 'yard sale' item but I needed one. It also show some junk that I need to remove.

Here's more junk that needs a new place. The T.V and table are staying. My kids like to come outside and watch it. Plus I think I can Tiki it up.

My music hardware. All JVC items. And trust me, this system will rock the neighborhood.

So there you have it. The Tiki Shed Lounge. First drink is on the house...er I mean the shed.

P
Polly posted on Mon, Jun 27, 2011 8:08 PM

Nice work. Come on.:)

T
Tasco posted on Thu, Jun 30, 2011 5:11 PM

On 2011-06-27 20:08, Polly wrote:
Nice work. Come on.:)

Thanks.

I finally got rid of all that extra junk laying around. I was able to add a small love seat and chair to the mix. I'm not done playing around with the layout because the love seat does take up more room than I thought. Once I am done I will post pics.

Tasco, if you line the walls with plywood sheeting you will improve the look of the interior by hiding the 2x4s, and you can make the interior look a lot more exotic by staining or painting the sheeting brown or green (to camouflage it), & mounting bamboo or palm leaf coverings over that; a cheap way to do this is to use a mixture of "American Bamboo" (AKA Cane from your local Cane Brake. It grows wild in Missouri), dried, trimmed, cleaned & split, then cut to matching lengths and mounted as a 3-4' high wainscoting, and Lauhala or Bac Bac matting, or even Reed Fencing from Home Despot, above that for that Polynesian Island feeling.

Add some fish netting, some cheap Indonesian masks, some Polynesian travel posters, even a piece of Tapa cloth in a bamboo frame, to break up the walls.

A little Palm Thatch tacked to the ceiling to cover the roof beams and it'll look like your own Little Grass Shack.

I'd also suggest making boxes to cover the top & sides of the TV & Stereo equipment from view; you can cover the boxes with Tapa-pattern cloth from Jo Ann's Fabrics to give them a Tiki feel.

H

On 2011-06-27 19:41, Tasco wrote:
... First drink is on the house...er I mean the shed.

So what are you serving?

T
Tasco posted on Mon, Jul 4, 2011 6:37 PM

Thanks for the input guys. But sad to say is that I don't own the shed. I live on base housing and I am very limited to what I can do. Trust me when I say I would love to plywood the walls but I can't. As for drinks, the bar is currently empty so its BYOB.

UPDATE:
I got rid of the big black table and went for something that looks older and smaller. Thus I bought two end tables for 1 dollar each. That's right, 1 dollar.

I also finished placing the sofa and seat. The sofa was free and that chair cost me 5 dollars. I also removed the long table for the smaller one you see. They do come apart so guest can use them the way they see fit.

Pages: 1 5 replies