Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Ultimate Tiki Party with Don Tiki, CANCELLED

Pages: 1 7 replies

A

The Ultimate Tiki Party with Don Tiki at Humphries in San Diego, has been cancelled.
Mahalo,
Al

[ Edited by: alnshely on 2003-06-02 12:57 ]

T

Well, that would have been a great show.

I am somewhat friendly with the members of the band (especially Fluid Floyd) and actually saw them perform in Hawaii a couple of years back.

Very good. Maybe they will "reschedule" this event in the near future and Tiki Bob will go on Safari to find them in So Cal.

TB

J
JTD posted on Mon, Jun 2, 2003 8:26 PM

Al,
Any reason given? I hope it wasn't lack of advance sales.

-JTD

T

Gosh, I didn't know this. I had tickets for this show too since it was so close to home. Bummer.

A

JTD,
Humphry's called me, to tell me the show had been canceled. They didn't know why. If it is rescheduled I'll post
Mahalo,
Al

I actually emailed Hai Jung, the lovely seductive vocalist, expressing our (TC's) excitement about them coming to Southern California, as well as our disappointment in the cancellation. I asked if it was possible to explain why, and to please give an update as to when they will be in our area again.

I'll keep you posted.

M

Too bad, I was looking forward to the show and to finally meeting a few more of the San Diego TC people. Hopefully they will reschedule. I was just at Trader Mort's over the weekend so we took the full Shelter Island tiki tour and were talking about buying tickets this week. :(

ModMana :drink:

Well, I actually got an email back from Fluid Floyd of Don Tiki/Taboo Records. I am assuming that Hanford wrote to them too since his name was addressed along with mine. The email is as follows:

*Frank, Hanford~

Hai Jong refered this one to me as she, well, all of us are at a loss for words over this. No one's as bummed as the Don! Humphrey's was to be the kick-off of our summer Cali tour moving north to SF with 6 or 7 dates in between. Unfortunately our booking agent had too many pukas (holes) in the remaining tour schedule with too many details unconfirmed. For the time being,
we will remain in da islands and lick our wounds with mai tais.

We're working on a new release for the fall and plan to tour possibly by late October in support of it. We are also working on a "rilly BIG show" in Waikiki on August 1...will post the details on our website when confirmed in the next week or two. Sooooo, stay tuned and mahalo for all the support!

Alohaderci,

Fluid Floyd
Taboo Records
http://www.dontiki.com

PS- Feel free to post this message to your forum.*

There you go boys & girls! Let's hope they come over to 'da mainland' soon!

SugarCaddyDaddy's Schedule of Stuff!

[ Edited by: sugarcaddydaddy on 2003-06-08 12:17 ]

Pages: 1 7 replies