Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Tiki Soda

Pages: 1 8 replies

C

I just finished enjoying one of these old time style sodas. These would be perfect for parties for the non drinking types. All natural and in a glass bottle the way sodas were meant to be. The bottles and boxes they come in are very Tiki. I purchased mine at Total Wine and Spirits but they can also be found at Bevmo and Whole Foods. I had the Pineapple today so I'm looking forward to trying the other flavors during these hot summer days..

http://www.waialuasodaworks.com/index.htm

T

Our Raley's has started stocking these as well!

Jarrito brand sodas, made in Mexico are available in my area. They make a guava, pineapple, and mango among other flavors. But they are artificially flavored and taste like it. I'll have to hit up BevMo! on my next trip to the big city. The passionfruit sounds especially delicious.

Jarritos distributes a wonderful toranja soda that makes awesome La Palomas...

having said that, you're probably right about the other flavors you mentioned.

I had a toranja (grapefruit) the other day, very good. It's packaged differently than the others for some reason.

A

Hey, they're using the hula girl of Tijuana's Aloha Cafe in their logo:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=35338&forum=2&9

had a canned Aloha Maid passionfruit drink (forgot whether it was carbonated, but was sold with the sodas at my Asian market).

not a good dirnk, tasted like a few drops of passionfruit in my can of sugarwater...

I just picked up some Organics brand Pink Grapefruit Italian Soda from Vons/Safeway and it's very good. 12% juice (which is probably more juice than Ocean Spray's Ruby Red juice cocktail), has a nice bit of bitterness to it just like grapefruit juice. I'll be stocking up on this.

Found Welch's Sparkling Mango Passionfuit soda at WalMart yesterday. Nice bold passionfruit flavor, 10% fruit juice (probably mostly apple). It does have HFCS if you are are one of those who believe your body can tell the difference :wink:

Pages: 1 8 replies