Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Even the preppies get it.

Pages: 1 17 replies

P

While perusing the most recent offerings from Brooks Brothers, I noticed these in the underwear section:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=661&Parent_id=226&Product_Id=1531645&default_color=Blue#null

Is this evidence that tiki is hitting a peak? Even something so kitsch as tiki is accepted by the "preppies"?

I don't know.

But, if you want some tiki boxers, Brooks Brothers is the place to get 'em. Or... there's a downscale version at Target right now, too. More of a tiki mug than what's on BB's shoddings, but, tiki underwear nonetheless.

do they carry those in husky size?

T
teaKEY posted on Wed, Jul 6, 2011 6:22 AM

Who would even want a small size boxer?

G
GROG posted on Wed, Jul 6, 2011 8:35 AM

Especially if you're eight feet tall.

UB

Fair Warning!
At Tiki Oasis, Grog goes commando!

if preppies are getting into tiki, it's time to get into pirates or vikings or lamprey bars.

H

On 2011-07-06 09:44, Johnny Dollar wrote:
if preppies are getting into tiki, it's time to get into pirates or vikings or lamprey bars.

... or Conquistador!

WITCO conquistadors!

Having seen the repeated coming and going of Tiki in whatever you wanna call it - preppie/Yuppy/commercial/mall - culture over many years (Old Navy had a run of Tiki boxer shorts in the late 90s) all I can tell you is that this isolated example doesn't mean anything but that some designer at some label pushed another Tiki design through.

T
teaKEY posted on Wed, Jul 6, 2011 6:42 PM

Their sizes are even more limited than I once thought. The blue ones are just in one size now. And the yellow ones are just small and medium. I think some have sold to TCers from just this morning.

UB

Where can I find a thong that say's, "Open 24 Hours" and is made in the USA?

The tiki image used in the boxers is very generic. I bought a t-shirt from Madgringo.com with the same image, and my wife bought some luau decor from a party store with the same frackin' image.

P

The link I posted is just to a slim-fit version. There is a "normal" size also if anyone wanted them, but I'm kinda skinny so I tend to gravitate toward the slim-fit versions of clothing.

T

Too bad they dont carry them in mens sizes . Or am I looking at the Baby Gap page ?

Some of us have always had just as much madras as tapa in our closets.

It's simply a matter of... 'Am I drinking rum or scotch today?'

-Z

T

On 2011-07-06 17:37, bigbrotiki wrote:
Having seen the repeated coming and going of Tiki in whatever you wanna call it - (Old Navy had a run of Tiki boxer shorts in the late 90s)

Guess what, they are BACK.. I was at Target over the weekend and they have Tiki Boxers. A number of generic colorful tiki heads on the Boxer. A XL is a 40-42in size.

They definitely are generic, but for $6 would be a cute stocking stuffer! Target--

I've had my Brooks Brothers Tiki Pajamas for a couple of months now. Trendy or no, they are blue and they are exquisite.

Pages: 1 17 replies