Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

MaiKai Mug Collection.

Pages: 1 11 replies

Alright folks, it's time to clear out the rest of my collection. I wasn't making too many moves with the mara-amus, so I figured I would throw a few grand daddy barrel mugs into the mix. I have 4 of these, 2 are pictured, 2 are not. One is substantially cracked and I'm contemplating not selling it because of this. The other 3 however, are without cracks and in immaculate condition. These are the very first style of MaiKai Barrel O'Rum mugs ever used, to my knowledge. Extremely rare to come across.

I, however, will sell everything pictured for $120 + $10 for shipping.

If you'd like the third grand daddy barrel as well, I will sell the pack for $125 + $12 for shipping. I will be sending these via fedex, and will try and work out a way to provide insurance. Will discuss with buyer.

I accept paypal, please private message me for details!

Thanks!

[ Edited by: FocalPoint 2011-07-11 20:57 ]

[ Edited by: FocalPoint 2011-07-19 23:39 ]

I also have a serving platter that I may be adding to this little package.

feel free to send me offers by the way.

$180 shipped for everything. 24 hour sale!

You should rethink your prices, but good luck never the less.

On 2011-07-14 01:14, Chuck Tatum is Tiki wrote:
You should rethink your prices, but good luck never the less.

Prices are pretty sound, as supply does not meet demand. I'm doing a one day sale for this before I continue to add to the assortment, which will obviously increase price.

Factor in that each current generation mara amu mug is about $8-9 from the gift shop, or comes with the drink.
The green mara-amu mug is from the early 90's and I have never seen one like it in circulation, so maybe $20?
The more recent barrel o'rum goes for about $16 in the gift shop. Picked up a few 2 Hukilaus ago
The 3 1st of it's kind barrel o'rum mugs go for about $40-50

So baring all that in mind, for me to even come out even with this collection, it'd be $180 + shipping.

8+8+8+16+20+40+40+40.

How's my math?

Suffice to say, if you were to walk into the Mai-Kai's giftshop today, you'd be paying this price, if not more, as I'm sure if they are selling those old fashioned barrels, and discontinued mugs, then it would probably be much higher. You can shoot me an offer, Chuck, but this is reasonable.

R

way overpriced!!!

"supply doesnt meet demand"? :lol:

On 2011-07-15 10:22, bigbadtikidaddy wrote:
"supply doesnt meet demand"? :lol:

Tell me where there's an ample supply of 50+ year old barrel mugs and I'll knock $50 off my asking price.

However, don't come in here and dump on my thread. Don't like the price? Offer something, as I'm no prude. I just posted a price per rules.

[ Edited by: FocalPoint 2011-07-15 14:23 ]

sorry dude, not trying to dump on your thread or buy your mugs. i'm just not a fan of people making unrealistic claims to sell their items. they arent super plentiful, but they are most definitely not 'extremely rare'.
try selling them separately on ebay, you might do ok that way.

bump for new prices. More stuff coming up this week as soon as I get the motivation to take pictures.

Bump, asking for $100 + $10 for shipping.

Pages: 1 11 replies