Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Wall hanging tikis 4 sale...

Pages: 1 6 replies

C

Warmest greetings everyone. This is my 1st time posting something here. I really admire this awesome site! Here's some tikis I made using a lightweight cement I concocted. I hand carve and hand paint them when they're cured. They are around 1 ft. tall. If you're interested in buying one, I sell them (so far only 2 designs) for $25 each plus S&H. Send me an email and I will give you details for a payment plan. Thanks & Aloha!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

H

Why the clown paint?

Hi ClinTiki

Welcome to Tiki Central :) As you read around you will find that people here are not too fond of brightly colored tikis, they are identified more with the "devolution" of tikis in the 70s & 80s, the influence of Jimmy Buffett and Party City (all considered evil around here)

This is a great bunch of people who I am proud to be associated with (most of the time :D ) but they take their tiki serious and strive to keep a more Polynesian and less Caribbean influence.

You would probably get a better reception from more "natural" colored tikis.

Thanks for the warm welcome Mike. I am SO SORRY that I offended anyone here on this forum. I will never "clown paint" another tiki as long as I live. I'm just new to this wonderful World of the TIKI and I am very honored to be here and discuss, learn, and make new friends. You're right, it's lookin' too Carribean, not true Poly. I love making them and will be offering other designs and such soon. Next post of one of my tikis will be more on the authentic side.

welcome to TC, you can start out by looking here for some tips, leave it to MadDogMike
to be the nicest person on TC!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewcustom.php?subcat=6&1310708520

C

Thanks Chuck fort the info & greeting. Just glad to be here and hope to learn lots! Take care all and mahalo...

Pages: 1 6 replies