Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Trader Vic's Las Vegas Mug - What drink was served?

Pages: 1 4 replies

I have purchased a couple mugs on ebay from the Trader Vic's Las Vegas. They are a hula girl leaning on a barrel that reads "Trader Vic's Las Vegas' on it. They are a 2 piece mug - the top has the hole for the straw.
Does anyone know what drink was originally served in these mugs? I have been watching ebay for a LAs Vegas drink menu - hoping a picture of the inside pages would have a drawing and a drink name/description - but no luck so far. Thanks!

It sounds you like you are talking about the "Hula Gal on the barrel mug". They served whatever drink you wanted in it--no special Las Vegas only drinks that I recall. I have menu covers for sale on my eBay site, and I'm sure I must have a drink menu somewhere (not for sale). I don't remember any special Vegas only cocktails.

T

As far as I remember, the Las vegas TV's had no special LV drinks on their menu. Everything I did try there was mediocre. I, too, have a menu somewhere; if/when I find it, I'll make sure.

Thanks, "mrsmiley" and "TorchGuy".

I guess I will study a TV Drink Menu and designate my own TV drink to serve in this mug.
Something that doesn't need any garnish.

I have a lot of the TV specialty mugs, so a lot of drinks are taken.

I believe I have purchased a couple of my TV mugs from you on ebay "1957sputnik" - thanks for the smooth transaction!

I don't remember them having a special drink either.

Pages: 1 4 replies