Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

"Get Yourself A College Girl"

Pages: 1 8 replies

O.K., where was the party sequence at the beginning of the 1964 movie "Get Yourself A Collge Girl" with The Dave Clark Five and The Animals shot? They are in a full-on tiki bar with Maori carvings, tapa cloth, lauhala, and bamboo everywhere. The Dave Clark Five "performs" (lip syncs) in front of a huge bone paterned curtain. Somebody must know??

T

Hey there now...I've never seen it, but I'm a big DC5 fan as well as early British Invasion music...!

ME TOO!!!
Where'd you see the movie, BK?

TB

O.K., where was the party sequence at the beginning of the 1964 movie "Get Yourself A College Girl"

Get yourself a College Girl is an MGM movie, granted I've never seen the film but my guess is that the Tiki Bar is a Set....alas it never truely existed. If it makes you feel any better that bar technically would have been on the Sony lot in Culver City (just down the block from where I live). I may have a friend at MGM that could confirm this...or watch the movies credits to find out locations....but my guess is that during the 1960's it was easiest and cheapest to film on a lot. Just my guess - hope that there's no bubble burst here.

MM.

Oh, well....I wonder if those huge Maoris are still somewhere in the prop catacombs on that studio lot?

TB

Oh, well....I wonder if those huge Maoris are still somewhere in the prop catacombs on that studio lot?

My guess is the statues were probably used in a number of other movies and then found a home in one of the Executive producers pads. Depending on their durability they may be of Ebay Lore now...because those statues are more than 40 years old now.....

MM.

I LOVED that movie! It´s with Jane Fonda, right?, whose character´s only goal in life is her M.R.S. degree! Not QUITE the Hanoi Jane we learned to love (or hate)...

hey, aside here to kahuna: what were the brands of absinthe you wanted me to get here in Spain?

Either Deva, N.S., or especially Candela, which is best from what I have read. Hope you feel better!

P.S. Keep those kids in line...We don't need another Woodstock '99 in Spain (which to me pretty much glaringly demonstrates the dismal failure of the "Time out" method of parenting). Thanks, Alice!

Pages: 1 8 replies