Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

I've never wanted a Yacht so badly in my life.

Pages: 1 6 replies

it's only a design concept at the moment, but it has the potential to be the greatest tiki getaway in history.

http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/20110727/massive-yacht-volcano/

I like it. :)

I want it.

Just read the story on it. It would be the ultimate "party" boat, but I think I'll stick with my dream of, one day, living on a Disneyland-worthy pirate ship.

C

If they made it a shade larger you could fit the pirate ship in the pool.

TS

I've never quite understood the pool on a boat thing...I mean I do, but you are surrounded by water!...I think it would be way cooler to have a permanent "boom" type hydraulic lift deck structure over both sides of the boat, with a heavy duty netting type bottom, and people could swim safely in the ocean they are traveling. I guess something similar to an aircraft carrier platform, but in reverse.

Mind you, there would be no need for such a boat to cruise to Alaska or any other cold water destination. It would be used in warm vacation waters, and could flip up flush with the ship's sides during rough stormy waters.
{copyright pending!} :lol:

On 2011-07-28 13:43, Tom Slick wrote:
I've never quite understood the pool on a boat thing...I mean I do, but you are surrounded by water!...I think it would be way cooler to have a permanent "boom" type hydraulic lift deck structure over both sides of the boat, with a heavy duty netting type bottom, and people could swim safely in the ocean they are traveling. I guess something similar to an aircraft carrier platform, but in reverse.

Or perhaps something like an Auxiliary Repair Dock (more commonly referred to as a "floating drydock")

Bear

Pages: 1 6 replies