Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Disney Adventure Island?

Pages: 1 7 replies

[ Edited by: kenbo-jitsu 2011-08-01 22:01 ]

There is a water park in Tampa named Adventure Island. Did you purchase these on Disney property?

A Link....
Adventure Island

[ Edited by: kenbo-jitsu 2011-08-01 22:01 ]

Well, Disney has in the past put out items for sale that feature artwork or themes that don't pertain to any real world Disney locale, event, or attraction.

Example: Years ago I purchased a t-shirt decorated with Donald Duck having a bad day with an encumbrance of fishing gear as he walks along a path in front of a rustic cabin. His foot is caught in the bail handle of a battered metal pail splashing water, the hook on the end of a wildly flailing fishing line emanating from his rod has snagged the hat right off his head, and his tackle box has sprung open spilling a few lures, Donald is obviously not a happy camper.

The shirt advertises "Uncle Walt's Fishing Lodge" above with the tag line of "One visit and you're hooked!" below in smaller print.

There is no such Disney locale.

Looks like you purchased what is just some interesting Disney Tiki themed souvenir artwork, enjoy it, as I did my shirt.

Bear

C
Chub posted on Sat, Jul 30, 2011 1:18 AM

Those were all available for sale last year at the gift shop across from the Enchanted Tiki Room at Disneyland. I bought them all as well as the matching shot glasses.

A

Isn't there an Adventure Island at Disneyland Paris? I thought that is what their version of Tom Sawyer Island is called.

Very close, they call it Adventure Isle though. Not much of an island as a walkway gets you onto the "Isle." Looks like it has the rope bridges and whatnot, pirate theme too it appears. So THAT'S what happened to Captain Hook's ship and skull rock.

In Hong Kong the Jungle Cruise goes around the equivalent of Rivers of America and the jungle scenes are on the island.

Bear

Pages: 1 7 replies