Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Oasis XI: Forbidden Island & Rock-a-Hula proudly present...

Pages: 1 13 replies

Forbidden Island have teamed up with Rock-a-Hula, to bring you two very special back-to-back room parties

Friday, 10pm to Midnight, Room 1703

Vino, Dinero y Amor! Travel with us to fabulous Acapulco for "Fun In Acapulco Beach Party", featuring cocktails by Forbidden Island and Rock-a-Hula, as well as live performances by Chum and Insect Surfers. Siesta? You kidding! Sponsored by Cruzan Rum

Saturday, 10pm to Midnight, Room 1703

We take the party to the tropical playground of Havana, circa 1950. Rum flowed and tourists and locals alike flocked to the Tropicana, "the most beautiful nightclub in the world" We'll transport you to those heady days with first class cocktails, table games and live music by The Hula Girls! Cocktail attire strongly encouraged!

[ Edited by: Molokai Mike 2011-07-30 16:59 ]

Super Cool see you there! Wendy and Dan

HT

Please count my wife and I with my daughter and friend to attend this great event put on by Forbidden Island.

H
harro posted on Sun, Jul 31, 2011 9:05 AM

Both of those look like a great amount of effort has gone into them already. Count me in!

A

Can't wait!
dco

We can't wait to play our first room party! We'll be at the car show, playing, on Saturday morning and afternoon, but the ROOM PARTY is really gonna get wild! Thanks a ton, to Michael, Forbidden Island, and Rock-a-hula for having The Hula Girls play!

Both of our dancers will be dancing as well!
THIS will be THEE party of OASIS!

MT

Awesome!!! Chum, Insect Surfers, and The Hula Girls??? Looks like I'm going to have to set up camp in this suite all weekend!

THE HULA GIRLS, THIS SATURDAY!!

We are so there! Chef Tiki Viking,And the lovley Danelle and Caroline.

[ Edited by: Chef Tiki Viking 2011-08-17 22:03 ]

O
Otto posted on Wed, Aug 17, 2011 9:56 PM

what a awesome poster!!!
Matt, did you art direct that photoshoot?

On 2011-08-17 12:38, Luckydesigns wrote:

OH MY!!
:o

Jeff(btd)

Nope, the girls brought me that picture and had the idea and everything. Pretty smart chicks, huh?
See them dance on Sat night and at the car show on Saturday at 10am and 2pm!

J

...and now back to FORBIDDEN ISLAND, ROCK A HULA and oh yeah, THE MUSIC!!!!!

Insect Surfers are extremely proud to be a part of this event!!!
We are truly stoked to once again team up with some of our very favorite people for this epic shindig--One of the world's greatest modern Tiki establishments, Forbidden Island, Rock-A-Hula and our rockin' instro bruthas CHUM!
As a very special treat, the Insects will have none other than six string legend Burnin' Mike Vernon, straight outta Austin, to add some special Texas fire to the mix!
Mike is world-renowned for, among many other things, his groundbreaking work with 3 Balls of Fire and performing with a virtual "Who's Who" of music, lately rocking the bass with none other than Davie Allan!

So, if you feel like kicking things up a notch in true after party style, raising that Hanalei roof, turning the volume and energy level waaaay up, we'd love to see you dancing your frijoles off in room 1703!!!

Friday night, 10 o'clock, room 1703!
Chum will kick things off followed by The Insect Surfers!

See you tomorrow!!!

Pages: 1 13 replies