Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Big Kahuna Surf Wagon for Sale

Pages: 1 3 replies

1965 Mercury Commuter Station Wagon $18,000.00

Fly in and drive home! Completely restored, and needs nothing.

Just came from the ISCA 2011 Boston World of Wheels where it took "Best in Class" Award.

What if back in 1965 there were a "Big Kahuna" option? In fact, many people ask if the car came this way from the factory. Every effort has been made to give this wagon an authentic 1960's look.

Built April 6, 1965 in St. Louis, this is a 100% Rust-Free survivor. YOU WILL NEVER FIND A STRAIGHTER, DING-FREE BODY! Outside is stock, in original repaint color, except for the stainless steel laser-cut fender emblems, wheels, and tires. Inside has been redone in "Surf Wagon" theme, with weatherproof fabric panels, Thunderbird-inspired upholstery, mahogany surfboard armrests, and satin almond trim.

The original 390 4-valve "Z" code Super Marauder, with 4-barrel carb. has less than 100 miles on a total rebuild. Hardened sleeves and electronic ignition have been added, in addition to a period-appropriate air cleaner.

Other mechanical restoration includes:

• Repro. Radiator Expansion Tank
  • Repro. Master Cylinder
  • New Starter
  • New Thermostat
  • New Upper Control Arm Bushings
  • Gas Tank restoration
  • New adjustable PanHard Bar
  • New Ball Joint and Bushings
  • New Pitman Arm
  • New Rear Shocks
  • New Water Pump
  • New Alternator
  • Radiator restoration
  • New Heater Core

Factory options include:

• Multi-Drive Merc-O-Matic transmission
  • "Z" Code Engine
  • Back up Lights
  • Courtesy Light Group
  • Power Drum Brakes
  • Power Steering
  • Retractable Front Seatbelts
  • Windshield Washers

The vehicle also comes with the original Build Sheet, Owner's Manual, and Dealer Brochure. ALL RECEIPTS ARE CATALOGED IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER.

I do one vehicle every year, and now it's time to start another.

Although I am not affiliated with any carrier, I do have many reliable transport companies that I deal with, and will be more than happy to assist in getting the car delivered in an enclosed trailer.

The vehicle is currently stored in our heated Hot Rod facility, and is available for viewing by appointment. METROWEST BOSTON.

Please feel free to ask any questions. Thanks for looking!

[email protected] or 339-222-1578

[ Edited by: FrankenRodz 2011-07-31 10:27 ]

T

Swoon....Oh man, yer killin me ! SO nice !

Basically a new car WITH STYLE for $18,000 - can't go wrong there! I'm not in the market for a car, but you might want to mention where you're located for anyone who is.

Isn't there a hot rod enthusiast named Big Kahuna here on Tiki Central? Hmmm, the possibilities are endless on this one.

Bitch'n ride.

DC

Pages: 1 3 replies