Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Know Anything About Wailuku on Maui?

Pages: 1 4 replies

K

May have a professional opportunity there and wanted to see if anyone knew anything good or bad about Wailuku in particular or Maui in general? Would you visit there? Would you live there? Thanks much...

A

Shelley and I Just spent a week on Maui. It was my first time, so I'm hardly an expert. It was really beautiful. We visited wailuku and saw the Baily House Museum. It was a "larger" town for Maui, very cool though.

Pros, Idealic Island Paradise.

Cons, Maui is small, living there may be limited.

I had a pal who live on the Big Island, he said he would get "Island Fever". He would get tired of the same old same old. I would check it out. Might be something you would like
Mahalo,
Al

[ Edited by: tiki chris on 2003-06-04 12:07 ]

D

I took my husband 3 years ago to Maui, he had never been before, after falling in love with it, thats all he can think about is buying a boat and moving to Maui. This book goes over all the details, the pro's the con's, it's really very informative. Good luck! http://www.booklines.com/BOOK/BGB/625307.htmlthis site might have more specific info about the city.
http://www.mostreferred.com/Wailuku_HI/school_crime_air_quality_toxic_hazards_living_cost_reports_4965.html

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2003-06-04 14:09 ]

M

Yo Kong!

My sister lived on Maui for over 12 years. What do you want to know, specifically?

I visited many times, although she never lived in Wailuku. It's less of the "resort" aspect of the island, much more local resident and the infrastructure of the county. Overall, beautiful island, expensive, great for visiting, tourism drives everything, agriculture of less importance, can be tough to live there if you don't possess right attitude.

I'd of shaved my head and climbed a clock tower if I lived there permanent-wise, but that's me.

Email me if you want, I can ask her your questions...
midnite

Pages: 1 4 replies