Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

need carver in Denver area.

Pages: 1 4 replies

T

I do a little carving, have decent skills, but work pretty slowly. Someone here in Denver saw some of my work and asked if I could do a 2-3 foot carving. I said that one that big would take me too long, and consequently be pretty expensive. I am wondering if we have any pro's out here in the denver area, who want to sell a tiki. Anyone out there? I cross posted this message to tiki marketplace too.

T

[ Edited by: tiki_tim 2011-08-01 08:00 ]

P

Tim,

didn't know if you saw this:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=21061&forum=4&start=600&606

here's a possible alternative:

get on youtube & check out some "how to..." videos. Then go to harbor freight or get on craigslist & buy yourself a few cheap tools(and some gloves & goggles) and experiment a bit with shaping a decent, free piece of wood. Draw some lines on it and follow them. If you've already done a little carving you'll probably pick it up quick. Having a tiki is cool, making one could change you life.

Just something to think about...

BM

I am in the Denver area..via PHOENIX....got plenty of palm down here

check out my carving posts AND my marketplace posts..probably a way to get one there cheap-ish

[ Edited by: bb moondog 2011-08-03 14:20 ]

T

pic,
here is a link to some of the tiki's I have done
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=28235&forum=7&hilite=tiki_tim

as you can see, I have some skills, but was thinking for me to carve a large log and do it well, I would have too many hours into it. looking for someone who could really crank these out.

BB,
I used to live in Mesa, left about 6 years ago. wish I carved back then, lots and lots of palm to carve down there. I will take a look at your work.

yep..was just carousing thru neighborhoods during clean-up on the hunt for new palm logs

Pages: 1 4 replies