Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Rumours confirmed. Hukilau Brown to make inaugural visit to Seattle!

Pages: 1 27 replies

Aloha Groovy Pacific Northwest Tiki Tribe!

I'll be in SeaTac on a super secret mission from June 5-12 and will stay in the area to play until Saturday the 14th.

The only thing I've committed to is peeing somewhere on Microsoft property.

Always up for the unique and super memorable only in (Seattle) experiences.

Tiki/Lounge/Cacophonous/Cool/Wierd/Plain ol' Fun?

Other Haps?

Matthew E. "Hukilau" Brown

Palu Ohana, Hale Ka'ahele
Pacific Palisades, CA

Home of "Palu, the Wonder Tiki"

[ Edited by: hukilau brown on 2003-06-04 02:21 ]

H

Alright! When, exactly, are you free to play? If you don't have plans for this Saturday & Sunday, I'll be driving down to Portland for the season opener of Castaway Cove, and you should definitely join me for that if you can. On Tuesdays, Selector Lopaka spins tunes in Ballard, and I haven't had a chance to check that out yet, perhaps next Tuesday is the time to finally do it?

Other than those events, I'd be pleased as punch to show you around town. The only thing we really have that comes close to a tiki bar is 'Ohana in Belltown. I haven't been in ages, so we should go there. Luau near Greenlake doesn't feel particularly tiki, but the drinks are served in mugs, and the food is actually quite good.

I grew up here in Seattle, and live in a cool, funky neighborhood (Fremont), so if you want to see the town, you're talking to the right girl!

Who's up for joining me in showing Hukilau Brown a good time?

HH

On 2003-06-04 10:42, Humuhumu wrote:

Who's up for joining me in showing Hukilau Brown a good time?

I told you all huiklau brown was a pimp!!!!

Yo! I'm down wit' ma peeps from Freemont. yo. Humuhumu in da hale! You rock!

Interestingly enough, I do have a life beyond Tiki.

I enjoy sunsets, long walks on the beach...

Pacific Palisades, CA

[ Edited by: hukilau brown on 2003-06-04 12:47 ]

he is caring, fun, and affectionate... he likes traveling... dancing... going out to clubs... puppies...

not to mention the requisite hookers and donuts...

H

On 2003-06-04 15:36, Hukilau Brown wrote:
not to mention the requisite hookers and donuts...

I've gotcha covered. Our very first Krispy Kreme just opened, and it's right in the middle of Hooker Central, a strip called Aurora. As a bonus, there's a few cool googie-ish signs on Aurora. Huzzah!

Aloha,
FYI, I start spinning at 8:00, and they stop serving dinner at 9:30. They serve some pretty tasty Thai food. Hope to see y'all.

DZ

On 2003-06-04 12:57, Futura Girl wrote:
he is caring, fun, and affectionate... he likes traveling... dancing... going out to clubs... puppies...

...and painting guys toenails in the middle of the night!!

LOL Z

I've gotcha covered. Our very first Krispy Kreme just opened, and it's right in the middle of Hooker Central, a strip called Aurora. As a bonus, there's a few cool googie-ish signs on Aurora. Huzzah!

Matteo, I know you're hoping that this is the real Humuhumu, but I hate to break it to you - she's not all hookers and donuts. It breaks my heart, but I'm going to have to show you the pictures of her on the Winnie The Pooh Ride at Disneyland:

Yep. Shocking isn't it? She's got this hidden, wholesome side that's going to come out eventually. Just thought I should warn you.

Sabu

Hukilau Brown - friend to hooker and homecoming queen alike.

Nice snail. Or is that a cinnamon roll?

[ Edited by: hukilau brown on 2003-06-05 01:19 ]

Yo Hukilau
Are you accepting any applications or resumes at this time for entry into the Huki'lau Brown School of Big Pimp'n? I have rehab benefits I need to use. Aloha.

The eagle has landed.

So Cal coast 66 degrees and overcast.
Seattle 88 degrees and blue skies.

Jinkies! what next...

H

Hukilau Brown isn't sure if he'll be able to make it yet, but the tentative plan is to see Selector Lopaka spin at Thaiku in Ballard on Tuesday. Of course, everybody is invited to join us!

I'm hopefully going to be able to take the day off next Friday, and I'll be taking him around to see the Seattle sights. If any locals would like to join us on Friday, either during the day or after work, shoot me an email.

S

What time in Ballard?
I actually am off tomorrow night
and might feel the need to join ya!
Pea

H

Hey, 'pea!

We don't know what time yet, I'll probably talk to Matteo tonight and get a better idea. It may be early enough to do dinner there, or it may be that we just go for the music. I have a phone number for you (ending in 3963), if you want I can call you to give you the latest news tomorrow.

S

yeah, gimme a holler!

P

I'll probably be there sometime around 9-ish . Look forward to seeing folks who may still be there.

H

Looking forward to seeing you again, puamana! Looks like Hukilau Brown & I will be there by around 8:30, and sweetpea a bit after that. If anyone else can make it, it would be great to see you!

Thaiku

tiki celebrates
tasty island grooves ballard
one more yohito

-a thaiku haiku

[ Edited by: Hukilau Brown on 2003-06-11 02:50 ]

H

We had a great time at Thaiku on Tuesday! All the supacool Seattlites were there -- Selector Lopaka (of course), puamana, sweetpea, plus, we ran into Bella from Lushy!

Tomorrow I'll be hitting the town with Hukilau Brown -- no solid plans during the day, but it looks like we'll be hitting Ohana for a late dinner? Don't know yet. If any locals find themselves available, feel free to call on my cell (even if I haven't met you before -- I won't bite): (206) 349-1362. I'll have it with us all day.

For the record I ALMOST went to Ballard Tuesday night...AND I ride the bus AND I live in West Seattle so it would have been a great effort but I ALMOST made that effort (Am I elected yet?). What happened instead involved a can of "Pine Apples Juice" from an Asian market and a sudden and unusual rash which my doctor is very excited about showing to his med students. Just as well I didn't make it if it was all "supacool Seattlites" there. Among the movers and shakers I'm know as one of the stayed and stationary.

Hey woofmutt -- on the day the two of us are actually both at a tiki event at the same time, I will crown you King of the Supacool Seattlites. :wink: Am I going to get to meet you before I skip town?

We'll probably never meet as the truth is I live in Bellevue and of course I'm too ashamed to admit it.
Just kidding.
Are you going to Ohana tonight? I've been mulling over the idea of heading down there...But I keep thinking of all the AberNavy and Gap clad UW boys-n-girls I've seen there on Fridays, drinking beer from the bottle and smiling excitedly when they hear a Marley tune in the reggae mix. And I also think of going to bed early.

Also to dread in the Jet City's future:

http://clubmauiseattle.com/

Starship Hukilau has returned to the Southland with some fantastic experiences and even some memories! Huzzah for digital photography.

A big shout out and mahalo nui loa to Humuhumu, the Julie the Cruise Director of the Northwest. (Korean Sambos!)

Selector Lopaka and Puamana for their gracious E Komo Mai (Vitco!) and the EMP/Ohana nite on the town.

And Sweetpea, Bella (Opium!) and all the groovy Seattlites that made me feel welcome and a wee bit tipsy.

Seattle Rocks!

Mahalo and Mucho Aloha,

Pacific Palisades, CA

[ Edited by: Hukilau Brown on 2003-06-17 14:52 ]

H

Big mahalos go to Hukilau Brown, for waking up our sleepy town. (Korean Sambo's rox! Hookers n' Blow n' Donuts, baby!) I'll try to get my pics together an post them here this weekend (I've got a big backlog of photos to deal with, still making my way through the road trip pics....)

Hukilau Brown, you gotta tell the people about the magic that is Archie McPhee's! These poor folks only know about the low-rent Accoutrements stuff they see on the website.

Yeah! Archie has all the food groups under one roof! Hookers, Cocaine AND Donuts (Hos, blow and dough!).

Thanks, Hu, for "hooking me up"!

I won't tell anyone about "that Wild Child thing..."

H.B. Esq.

[ Edited by: Hukilau Brown on 2003-06-19 14:02 ]

Pages: 1 27 replies